• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Four Dayton Reference 10" Subs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
Audiophilenoob said:

I happen to be the owner of the last 20 8" HDS's that madisound will ever get :)

Peerless are still selling by the bucket load over here in Europe. Did the google thing and can't find any formal annoucements, idle chat or general rumours that Peerless is pulling its HDS or XLS line from DIY or any other market.

Madisound is probably just not stocking them anymore if that's what you've heard.

ShinOBIWAN said:

Peerless are still selling by the bucket load over here in Europe. Did the google thing and can't find any formal annoucements, idle chat or general rumours that Peerless is pulling its HDS or XLS line from DIY or any other market.

Madisound is probably just not stocking them anymore if that's what you've heard.

I'm fairly certain it's confirmed... as far as the HDS

if this is he case all he better for me... as I need a lot more of these HDS's

however talking to Mark Seaton and Dylan at Ology audio both confirm what I've been told that once the stock of the XLS and HDS is exhausted peerless will not be offering them

actually Dylan and I are trying to come up with an HDS replacement and madisound is interested in possibly running it since they can't get the HDS any longer

99% sure I'm correct

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
Audiophilenoob said:

I'm fairly certain it's confirmed... as far as the HDS

if this is he case all he better for me... as I need a lot more of these HDS's

however talking to Mark Seaton and Dylan at Ology audio both confirm what I've been told that once the stock of the XLS and HDS is exhausted peerless will not be offering them

actually Dylan and I are trying to come up with an HDS replacement and madisound is interested in possibly running it since they can't get the HDS any longer

99% sure I'm correct

Guess we'll have to see. If what you say is true I'm almost sure were talking about a year to wind down such a quantity of drivers.

I couldn't care less if the HDS disappeared because they are pretty naff anyhow.

But the XLS I'd miss because for £89 over here its rather cheap for what you get.

ShinOBIWAN said:

Guess we'll have to see. If what you say is true I'm almost sure were talking about a year to wind down such a quantity of drivers.

I couldn't care less if the HDS disappeared because they are pretty naff anyhow.

But the XLS I'd miss because for £89 over here its rather cheap for what you get.

the HDS is a fantastic speaker... the testing on it bests a lot of very very high end speakers

if the HDS is gone the XLS is gone... as the rumor I heard first was on the XLS then madisound confirmed the HDS also :(

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
Audiophilenoob said:

the HDS is a fantastic speaker... the testing on it bests a lot of very very high end speakers

if the HDS is gone the XLS is gone... as the rumor I heard first was on the XLS then madisound confirmed the HDS also :(

Mark tested the 7" awhile ago:

http://206.13.113.199/ncdiyaudio/mark/Testing/Woofer7/Peerless_HDS_exclusive_7.htm

This was against the Seas basic L18 and the Dayton RS180. All things considered it was a close run thing between the 3 of them considering the results as a whole.

Its decent for the price, just like the others in the test but not not my kind of heaven no matter how many you stick on a baffle.

ShinOBIWAN said:

Mark tested the 7" awhile ago:

http://206.13.113.199/ncdiyaudio/mark/Testing/Woofer7/Peerless_HDS_exclusive_7.htm

This was against the Seas basic L18 and the Dayton RS180. All things considered it was a close run thing between the 3 of them considering the results as a whole.

Its decent for the price, just like the others in the test but not not my kind of heaven no matter how many you stick on a baffle.

certainly not heaven

but for $30 a piece... I can't think of anything better ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.