UK: ATC & Scan Ring Radiator Drivers - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th October 2005, 10:56 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Puggie
Damn cheap on the scan driver! I'm VERY interested in the ATCs and quite interested in the scan now!!!

damn these cheap speakers, I've just ordered some new Volts too!

I look forward to speaking to you later.
Mmmh... Scan ring + ATC on mid + Volt on bass
Old 25th October 2005, 11:17 AM   #12
Puggie is offline Puggie  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

PMSL the other half did her pieces when she saw the size of the boxes I wanted for the Volts (BM220.8s which I was going to partner with some Fountec CD3neo ribbons) in the livingroom, those ATCs would really warrant 12" radials as bass units IMHO and that would involve a seperation I think!

I have just ordered a pair of the BM251.4s as I wanted a pair of high efficiency drivers for another project the ATCs would be ideal though, decisions decisions. The scan would go nice with my C-quenzes too as small wife acceptable stand mounts.
Old 25th October 2005, 11:51 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

I've worked with Volt drivers in the past, excellent manufacturer.

I've used the 10" B2500.1 and the 15" Radial R3863. The only bass mid I've used is the BM220.8.

I only had my first experience of ATC drivers in April this year so I'm a relative newcomer to ATC and already have owned the SM75-150 & now the SM75-150S dome midranges. I recently bought a pair of SB75-234 SC that are phenominal drivers and then I bought the PA75-234 STD that I have on here. The fact that I've owned quite a few in a short space of time suggest that I absolutely love them

Personally from my experience with the Volts vs. the ATC's its easy for me to say without question which one of the two manufacturers makes the best drivers
Old 25th October 2005, 11:55 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

We have SCM 20ASL, SCM100A and SCM100ASLs here at work so I'm very familiar with ATCs, my only worry was if the PA based drivers have the same kind of sound as the studio based drivers.
Old 25th October 2005, 12:21 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Quote:
We have SCM 20ASL, SCM100A and SCM100ASLs here at work so I'm very familiar with ATCs, my only worry was if the PA based drivers have the same kind of sound as the studio based drivers.
Yes the overall sound is similar but with the obvious benefit of the greater sensitivity, 98dB vs. 86dB for the 9" PA and SB drivers respectively. To be fair the studio stuff is lower reaching and seems to have that bit more absolute insight and quality, when you engineer these features in sensitivity does suffer.

From what I've heard of the PA I like the high efficiency sound very much. Everything feels effortless and you can really crank them to quite obscene levels that not even my ATC studio drivers in the Perceive speakers can handle.

I'd keep them myself but its likely I'm getting out of the DIY malarky for a while now that I've finished these. I just don't feel the need to build anything else. These drivers were destined for a center channel but TBH the Perceive's sound better than anything I've had before in 'phantom' mode and the timbre and voicing remains consistant this way.
Old 25th October 2005, 08:11 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Hi

still not recieved an email with your contact number on it so I'm emailing you my mobile number, even if you just send me a txt and I'll call you back.
Old 25th October 2005, 08:16 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Hi

still not recieved an email with your contact number on it so I'm emailing you my mobile number, even if you just send me a txt and I'll call you back.
Sorry Puggie,

Came back starting feeding my face, sat down to watch TV and forgot all about this.

Sending details now.
Old 25th October 2005, 08:20 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Scanspeak R2904-7000 is now sold.
Old 25th October 2005, 11:17 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

ATC's now also sold.

Please close mods we're all done here

Hide this!Advertise here!