• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

UK: Krell KSA50 PCB's, ESP P101, Hitachi LFETs, 1000VA Toroidal, Heatsinks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
Having a big clearout of all the stuff I was saving for a rainy day but have no immediate use for. I'm almost giving this stuff away at these prices so please, no offers.

All prices exclude postage of your choice.

The larger heavy items I will only post in the UK (heatsinks & traffo)

IMPORTANT:

Please reply here as you'll get a quicker response than emailing me.

Payment is via cheque, cash on collection.

---------------------------------------

13 pairs of Hitachi/Renesas SK1058/SJ162

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Thats 13 x SK1058 and 13 x SJ162.

Packed in an anti-static IC tube for protection. Great L-Fets these, wonderful sound with a good circuit design such as Rod Elliots P101 or Randy Slones Totem. All from same batch so should be good matches.

Around £130 worth here.

£50

Krell KSA50 mkII PCB's

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

These are the same boards as per the groupbuy in the 'Krell KSA50 PCB' thread over in the Solid State.

Designed by Pinkmouse (Al) and manufacturer by Advance over in the US. Stunning quality with double sided, solder mask, silk screen and scoring for easy seperation of driver and output boards.

Each board will do a single channel of amplification and since there are 6 boards here that a potential of 6 channels.

I'm looking to recover only my expenses for these boards and I am NOT making any profit on these. I have little time these days and I'm already comfortable with my ESP P101 amps that I was going to replace with the Krells.

Here's a couple of shots of Still4Given's boards with components mounted (Scroll down to bottom of page):

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/show...5846#post725846

By all accounts from folks who have already built the boards, reports are very good on the sound quality - hardly surprising since this is a Krell!

Bill of Materials(BOM) will supplied with the boards and the boards are silkscreen with component locations relating to the details within the BOM. Also there is a wealth of advice over in the thread linked to above, so I'm sure someone would help out if you get stuck.

Price per PCB(1 channel) is £15

2 x ESP P39 Softstart PCB's

Will include the password required to access the constructors area of the ESP site for detailed assembly instructions. Along with a printed hardcopy for reference.

Basic details here:

http://www.sound.westhost.com/project39.htm

£5 for the pair

ESP P101 amps (200w per channel 8ohm)

Rod cites this amp as a reference design here in his project overview:

http://www.sound.westhost.com/project101.htm

All fully constructed and working Rod Elliot P101's (High Power Version 200w into 8ohm) featuring 2 pairs of Hitachi SK1058/SJ162.

Very neat and tidy builds on each, soldering is all clean and solid. All fully tested and confimed fault free. Been used for around 300hrs at least since I built them in April. These are very nice amps for what is pocket money. Would be perfect for turning your passive speakers into some decent active ones.

2 x Boards using standard components ie. 1% metal film resistors, 10% polystyrene caps and Elna electrolytics.

£20 EACH

4 x Boards featuring higher quality components ie. matched 1% vishay metal film resistors, matched 5% WIMA polyproplyne caps, Black Gate Electrolytics and two matched pair of L-FETs These are really nice sounding amps.

£20 EACH

0.5cw Black Anodised Aluminium Heatsinks

6 of in total and excellent condition, cost me £18 each back in March from Farnell UK.

Size is: 12.5cm W x 15cm H x 5cm D

£5 each

40v, 12.5A, 1000VA Torroidal transformer.

230v primary, 40v dual secondaries (40v-0v-40v), 12.5A Current rating (1000VA).

-Diameter = 167mm, Height = 70.5mm

-Regulation:4%

-Weight:7.5kg

Manufacturer data sheet here:

http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/57433.pdf

Bought in April for £56 from Farnell UK, perfect condition and never mounted. All wires are clean from solder since I used block connectors. No buzz, hum or other stange noises, totally silent.

Includes in-rush current limiter and comes with mounting plate, bolt and original box.

£25

-----------------------------------------------------------

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
Toaster said:
Hi,
I'd be delighted to take the four high-spec ESP amp and four of the heatsinks. I'll have the toroid too if it'll run the amps (or at least one pair of them) up to somewhere near their full output. Cheers!
All the best,
John.

Hi John,

The 4 high spec ESP's along with 4 heatsinks are yours - the heatsinks will be ideal because they are already drilled to mate perfectly with the P101's. :)

The Toroid was also used in conjunction with these and again is perfect. I powered 3 x boards from this single toroid via a large bank of PSU caps.

All the kit was used to tri-amp a pair of active speakers.

Email me at:

zeroex_15@hotmail.co.uk

And we can talk some more.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
Re: question

zeonrider said:
Hi! I,ll be very short, DO you have part list (complete) for project 101.If you have sen me. linkxp@eu net.yu
Made the force be with you.

Yes I have a complete Bill of materials for P101's along with detailed construction steps.

You don't get them though unless you buy a board since that's Rods intellectual property.

Hi again Shin, just tried to email you and got an 'undeliverable' bounce back. Is there an underscore or something being obscured or missed out, or do I need to close up the gap between 'zeroex' and '15'? As to adding to the order- just phoned a friend who's building some NaO bass bins, and he's keen on the remaining ESP boards and heatsinks. So, nearly a clean sweep!

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
Toaster said:
Hi again Shin, just tried to email you and got an 'undeliverable' bounce back. Is there an underscore or something being obscured or missed out, or do I need to close up the gap between 'zeroex' and '15'? As to adding to the order- just phoned a friend who's building some NaO bass bins, and he's keen on the remaining ESP boards and heatsinks. So, nearly a clean sweep!

The email address is:

zeroex _ 15 @ hotmail.com(remove spaces)

For some reason I added .co.uk where the .com should be. Should work now anyway.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
Re: replay

zeonrider said:
I,know but mr.elliot can't know , if you send me ! Congratulation good sale.

Sorry bud,

Rod is a decent guy and he makes a living off his ESP products. I'm not about to betray the trust of a man who helped me out so much during that project.

He's an asset to the DIY community and his webpages are one of a kind. Think if everyone did the same as your asking, all those wonderful things he does could stop and the webpages that provide so much info would dissappear.

His prices are dirty cheap, just buy the cheapest board available and your provided with a password to the entire ESP construction articles.

Will cost you $10 tops if you don't bother having it delivered and just ask for the password. Call it a contribution to Rod for all his hardwork.

There's another important consideration and that's the layout of this amp. The fantastic sound comes from the layout IMO.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.