• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

seas TWEETER 25 TAFN/G NEEDED

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2003
Paid Member
DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHERE I COULD GET 6 PIECES OF SEAS TWEETER 25 TAFN/G ? TWEETER CARRIES ALSO DIFFERENT NAME H 614-06. I REALIZE THAT IS QUITE OLD (10 YEARS ?) DESIGN SO MAYBE ANY REASONABLE SUBSTITUTE. MY FRIEND GOT MCINTOSH HT-1 SPEAKERS. THEY'RE ALMOST TEN YEARS OLD BUT AS FAR AS KNOW THEY WERE NOT USED MUCH. THEY LOOK LIKE NEW. PROBLEM IS ALL SIX TWEETERS (YES THEY USE 3 PER LOUDSPEAKER) ARE COMPLETELY DEAD AND THE LOUDSPEAKERS HAVE OVERLOAD TWEETER PROTECTION. VOICE COILS SEEM TO BE DEAD. HT-1 WERE NOT USED FOR OVER 7 YEARS AND I FOUND OUT THAT THOSE TWEETERS SOMETIMES COULD HAVE FROZEN COIL OR GOT DAMAGED BY THE DETERIORATING FERROFLUID.
ANY IDEA OR GOOD DIRECTION ?

THANKS

THOMI@COMCAST.NET

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.