• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Ariels - Lynn Olson design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a pair of Ariels I would like to sell that I spent a rediculous amount of time on - if anyone's interested. Stands are lead filled with black granite tile and brass cones. All wool lining and stuffing. No compromise crossover components - Zens, Hoveland, etc. Cabs are cherry veneer over MDF with solid cherry accents.

I also have a matching (cherry veneer) transmission line subwoofer w/12" aluminum cone driver for sale. It's passive and currently being driven by a separate 250W amp w/x-over.
No pics of it yet.

The limiting factor is I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area and due to the 100+ lbs per piece, I can only sell them to the lucky one close enough to pick them up.

Why am I selling? I guess I like building/experimenting - I have two other speaker projects and a new subwoofer project in the works - and not enough room!

EVERYTHING YOU WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT THE ARIEL DESIGN

cheers, -Brad-

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Brad, nice job on the Ariels. I sold mine a few years ago, they weren't anywhere near as nice as yours :xeye:

I wouldn't discount shipping them. I actually shipped mine from Toronto Canada to South Carolina! I found a local supplier of boxes who had a good size for each speaker, and then used styrofoam boards to line the box on all sides, about 3 layers on each side. I cut away at the styro around the drivers and binding posts. A third box contained the xover and base plates. UPS ground shipped it with no damage :)

What are you asking for them? I sold mine for $1200 Canadian, which just about covered my costs.

RonS

I'll try to post pics of the sub soon. I still have to spray some varnish on it. I've been lazy and stained it but never varnished it - moved on to other projects :)

I'll have to re-think the price for the 3 piece set.
Suffice it to say it will be pretty much what it cost me to build them.
Sadly, that seems to be what the market will bear. I consider it cheap education :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.