UK: 6 x Krell KSA50 PCB's - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th September 2005, 12:17 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default UK: 6 x Krell KSA50 PCB's

These are the same boards as per the groupbuy in the 'Krell KSA50 PCB' thread over in the Solid State.

Designed by Pinkmouse (Al) and manufacturer by Advance over in the US. Stunning quality with double sided, solder mask, silk screen and scoring for easy seperation of driver and output boards.

Each board will do a single channel of amplification and since there are 6 boards here that a potential of 6 channels.

I'm looking to recover only my expenses for these boards and I am NOT making any profit on these. I have little time these days and I'm already comfortable with my ESP P101 amps that I was going to replace with the Krells.

Here's a couple of shots of Still4Given's boards with components mounted (Scroll down to bottom of page):

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...846#post725846

By all accounts from folks who have already built the boards, reports are very good on the sound quality - hardly surprising since this is a Krell!

Bill of Materials(BOM) will supplied with the boards and the boards are silkscreen with component locations relating to the details within the BOM. Also there is a wealth of advice over in the thread linked to above, so I'm sure someone would help out if you get stuck.

Price per PCB is £15 inc delivery
Old 27th September 2005, 02:12 PM   #2
Ryssen is online now Ryssen  Sweden
diyAudio Member

You´ve got e-mail!
Old 27th September 2005, 03:52 PM   #3
diyAudio Moderator

Shin,

You're not even going to build a pair- I think I'm sulking...

Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
Old 27th September 2005, 04:01 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by pinkmouse
Shin,

You're not even going to build a pair- I think I'm sulking...

Sadly I just haven't got the time anymore Al.

I've had a bump up at work which means more money but conversly more hours. Hardly have time to visit the forum anymore let alone build stuff

Decided that this stuff has been eating into my lifestyle a little too much over the last year or so. So thought it would be better to let someone build and enjoy these PCB's rather than just have them sat in the 'bits' draw forever.

There's no faulting the quality of these PCB's though, a credit to all involved.
Old 27th September 2005, 07:08 PM   #5
diyAudio Moderator

Just the oposite from me then, I've got no money and plenty of time. Want to swap?
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
Old 27th September 2005, 09:45 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

ShinOBIWAN did you get my mail??? I want 2 boards.
Old 28th September 2005, 12:36 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Never min,I think got 2 anyway.
Old 28th September 2005, 01:30 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Haven't received you mail yet ryssen.

If your still interested mail me again. Where abouts are you BTW?

Edit: My bad, I see your in Sweden, postage will be a little more but I'll have a look into it.
Old 29th September 2005, 05:44 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ANTHONY2181
Hi Shin,

Did you get my mail ?

I'd be interested in 2 of you boards if you still have them available.

Regards

Anthony
Old 29th September 2005, 06:36 AM   #10
lgreen is offline lgreen  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ShinOBIWAN

Sadly I just haven't got the time anymore Al.

I've had a bump up at work which means more money but conversly more hours. Hardly have time to visit the forum anymore let alone build stuff

Decided that this stuff has been eating into my lifestyle a little too much over the last year or so. So thought it would be better to let someone build and enjoy these PCB's rather than just have them sat in the 'bits' draw forever.

There's no faulting the quality of these PCB's though, a credit to all involved.

Same thing happened to me, working about 60-70 hrs a week...but this was BEFORE I got into DIY. I needed about an hour or so every day or so to do something different. I had a high end stereo but was sick of cruising for new components to buy. So for me it was DIY. No tools except a soldering iron, no parts, no nothing, kitchen table every 3 days or so.

And you know what, it was satisifying and if you spend 1/2 hour to an hour every 3 days or so you can actually build something with regular progress and not forget about what you did already (had that problem before!).

Anyway, my point is that with an increased workload and more $$ you probably will need diy more than you ever did, before it was a time killer, now it will be a stress reliever. So keep 2 boards and see if you can't make an amp in 6 months. This amp is very worthwile and sounds fabulous.

Oh and congrats on the bump up.

Hide this!Advertise here!