• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

UK: 6 x Krell KSA50 PCB's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
These are the same boards as per the groupbuy in the 'Krell KSA50 PCB' thread over in the Solid State.

Designed by Pinkmouse (Al) and manufacturer by Advance over in the US. Stunning quality with double sided, solder mask, silk screen and scoring for easy seperation of driver and output boards.

Each board will do a single channel of amplification and since there are 6 boards here that a potential of 6 channels.

I'm looking to recover only my expenses for these boards and I am NOT making any profit on these. I have little time these days and I'm already comfortable with my ESP P101 amps that I was going to replace with the Krells.

Here's a couple of shots of Still4Given's boards with components mounted (Scroll down to bottom of page):

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=725846#post725846

By all accounts from folks who have already built the boards, reports are very good on the sound quality - hardly surprising since this is a Krell!

Bill of Materials(BOM) will supplied with the boards and the boards are silkscreen with component locations relating to the details within the BOM. Also there is a wealth of advice over in the thread linked to above, so I'm sure someone would help out if you get stuck.

Price per PCB is £15 inc delivery

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
pinkmouse said:
Shin,

You're not even going to build a pair- I think I'm sulking...

:)

Sadly I just haven't got the time anymore Al.

I've had a bump up at work which means more money but conversly more hours. Hardly have time to visit the forum anymore let alone build stuff :(

Decided that this stuff has been eating into my lifestyle a little too much over the last year or so. So thought it would be better to let someone build and enjoy these PCB's rather than just have them sat in the 'bits' draw forever.

There's no faulting the quality of these PCB's though, a credit to all involved.

ShinOBIWAN said:

Sadly I just haven't got the time anymore Al.

I've had a bump up at work which means more money but conversly more hours. Hardly have time to visit the forum anymore let alone build stuff :(

Decided that this stuff has been eating into my lifestyle a little too much over the last year or so. So thought it would be better to let someone build and enjoy these PCB's rather than just have them sat in the 'bits' draw forever.

There's no faulting the quality of these PCB's though, a credit to all involved.

Same thing happened to me, working about 60-70 hrs a week...but this was BEFORE I got into DIY. I needed about an hour or so every day or so to do something different. I had a high end stereo but was sick of cruising for new components to buy. So for me it was DIY. No tools except a soldering iron, no parts, no nothing, kitchen table every 3 days or so.

And you know what, it was satisifying and if you spend 1/2 hour to an hour every 3 days or so you can actually build something with regular progress and not forget about what you did already (had that problem before!).

Anyway, my point is that with an increased workload and more $$ you probably will need diy more than you ever did, before it was a time killer, now it will be a stress reliever. So keep 2 boards and see if you can't make an amp in 6 months. This amp is very worthwile and sounds fabulous.

Oh and congrats on the bump up.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
lgreen said:

Same thing happened to me, working about 60-70 hrs a week...but this was BEFORE I got into DIY. I needed about an hour or so every day or so to do something different. I had a high end stereo but was sick of cruising for new components to buy. So for me it was DIY. No tools except a soldering iron, no parts, no nothing, kitchen table every 3 days or so.

And you know what, it was satisifying and if you spend 1/2 hour to an hour every 3 days or so you can actually build something with regular progress and not forget about what you did already (had that problem before!).

Anyway, my point is that with an increased workload and more $$ you probably will need diy more than you ever did, before it was a time killer, now it will be a stress reliever. So keep 2 boards and see if you can't make an amp in 6 months. This amp is very worthwile and sounds fabulous.

Oh and congrats on the bump up.

Your right :)

Had sellers remorse and decided to keep these as its probably the only chance I'll get to own a few Krell's.

Sorry for the doing the mess around. For those interested contact Mark Gulbrandsen as he still has spares available - be quick though as they won't be available for long.

Same thing happened to me, working about 60-70 hrs a week...

Indeed been there done that and learned that unless you have an ego to feed thats the size of the Titanic its also not worth it. I Ran my own company for close to 18 years, made 100K plus a year some years, later on had a nervous breakdown and learned that happiness is far more important than money or how many customers one has. I am stll very busy at my work(Cinema Technician) but now all the stupid chores such as paperwork are done by someone else and I get all the fun jobs in all the great locations. I generally have ample time to spend on my interests and I still do ok in the payola department too. Personally, I'd rather go hike up in the mountains or out in the desert than anything else includung DIY!!

Mark

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
Mark never realised you had a nervous breakdown, that must have been aweful.

Saw a similar thing happen to my uncle when I was younger. It was terrible to see such a confident man brought down to the state where he feared the postman putting mail through the letterbox. Happily he's back to his normal self but he says you still have to deal with it everyday once something as powerful as that affects you.

I too suffered from major anxiety attacks that happened when I was alone. Terrible stuff and took me a couple of years to get to a stage were I can control the anxiety, I don't expect I'll ever get rid of it. But its much better than it getting the point where I'd couldn't breath and I felt like I was going to have a heart attack like it was at its worst.

During the therapy I had, it was reassuring to know that many, many folks suffered from similar conditions. At the time I felt like it was something wrong with me.

Anyway I'm glad your happy and I'll be careful with the workload. TBH I've got a far easier life than some and supportive friends and family.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.