• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Fs: Plitron transformers 1500va + 1000va

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have for sale a 1500va dual secondary 60v and dual primary 115. this is in very good condition and used only for testing. comes with original box and plitron manual. asking $140

I also have 1000va dual secondary 33v and dual primary 115. this was used in small project amp that never really took off. asking $95.

I have pictures if you're interested.

thanks
yc

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2005
They're the real deal all right. I'm having a hard time justifying a 1kVA transformer for my amp project though (1, possibly 2 UcD 180 modules). Plus I'd have to build a soft-start circuit for that beast... Plitron says the 1kVA's are 6.32kg or roughly 14lbs. Any idea how much shipping that thing to zip code 17543 (Pennsylvania) would cost?

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2005
yeah, unloaded the 33VAC secondaries would give at least 47VDC rails, and I'd need to regulate that down for the UcD. I was planning on using regulators capable of doing this, but I already got a decent deal on a smaller transformer a little more suited for the project.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.