KG headphone amp, one channel... - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th September 2002, 04:13 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default KG headphone amp, one channel...

I made it a few months ago. I botched it's brother. I thought I might repair it or make another, but I haven't started gathering the parts for it. I don't even have headphones. I figured soomebody here might take this one off my hands.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kgafoil.jpg (33.1 KB, 322 views)
Old 29th September 2002, 04:24 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

The top has an image too. Don't be fooled by the positions marked "A out" and "B out". The foil side doesn't have the pads for those, it is the original art released by Mr. Gilmore. I altered the top graphic to accomodate these after etching the first pair. The "A in" and "B in" points are the pads of resistors that would be omitted for bridged operation.

Note (almost an afterthought): this is not tinned, it's cold silver plated. I obtained a sample of cool-amp silvering powder.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kgatop.jpg (37.8 KB, 317 views)
Old 18th October 2002, 12:27 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

I'm interested if you still have them. How bad is the other board? What do you want for them, and how much to ship by post to Toronto Canada?

Thanks,
Ron
Old 18th October 2002, 08:50 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

I think I already threw away the twin. If I still have it, it has messed up pads under one of the dual-jfet packages. Post to Toronto? I think that's sixty cents, maybe eighty. How much for them? Well, I'd be happy to know that they're being used. I took on a project that was shifted to very low priority, and I'm only into it for maybe four dollars in materials (just the boards so far). If you like, I might be able to justify making one more to go with that one.
Old 18th October 2002, 09:20 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Hi (I don't know your name ),

Shame you threw out the twin, if it's just a few pads you could have used some wire extensions or similar.

I would surely put the boards to good use. I had thought of hard wiring it, but it's so much faster and easier to use a board. I've already collected most of the parts. If you could see your way to making another board, tell me what you want for it/them. The project is stalled because I'm trying to avoid hardwiring or making my own boards, and I don't have any cash now to by antness' boards

Regards,
Ron
Old 19th October 2002, 02:22 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Found it! Since you're not picky, this should be good enough. The mistake is that some pads smeared a bit. I tried to trim them, but got sloppy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg botchedpads.jpg (6.3 KB, 190 views)
Old 19th October 2002, 03:17 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Looks like I can easily work with that

My address is:

Ron Steinberg
516 Arlington Ave.
Toronto, ON
M6C 3A5
Canada

Please let me know if I can give you anything for them, and know that they will be put to very good use

Thanks again, you are a real gentleman, rare to meet these days!

Regards,
Ron
Old 19th October 2002, 04:37 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

It's in the mailbox. It should be there in a week or so, unless it weighs over 57g. I don't have a scale, so I guessed.
Old 19th October 2002, 11:51 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Thank you very much The boards will be put to excellent use!

If there's anything I can ever do for you, let me know.

Best regards,
Ron

Hide this!Advertise here!