Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th September 2005, 06:04 AM   #1
Raj1 is offline Raj1  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default wtb:class a amp modules

Hi,

does anyone have any pre built class a amp modules, they no longer need and would like to sell?

Thanks
Raja
Old 10th September 2005, 02:31 PM   #2
argo is offline argo  Estonia
diyAudio Member

Which class a amp we are speking off?
Old 10th September 2005, 03:07 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Hi,

None in particular, anything from the group buys etc, just looking for something to tide me over for a while, if someone had built something and has moved on to something else. Better than throwin' it away......

Thanks
Raja
Old 10th September 2005, 06:06 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

OK then,
I built one class a amp about a year ago, which may interest you. The circuit is quite simple 3-stage push pull but with a little twist - there is no feedback and none is actually needed. The sound was quite spectacular for solid state design. It ran stable and quiet, without problems till I started to fiddle around with bias and blow a pair of outputs on a way. Since then it has sat in a corner collecting dust and I had moved to tube designs in a meantime.
Anyhow I may part with it. The amp comes even with regulated powersuply built on same board with amp. It will only need to fit with new pair of output transistors, heatsinks and power transformer. Here’s a circuit and I will take some pictures as well if you are interested.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 10th September 2005, 06:32 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Hi,

That does sound interesting, I already have regulated power supplies, so I was looking for something without.

How much do you want for the amp etc?

What voltage rails do I need from transfomers?

Thanks
Raja
Old 10th September 2005, 07:21 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

The regulator can withstand +/-50 V, the output is of course adjustable. If I remember correctly the amp had around +/-22 V. Higher is possible but the dissipation gets high though.
How much costs a DIY amp - it's priceless .
No but seriously, let me came back tomorrow (need to go now) with more details and pictures and you decide then yourself how much you are willing to part for that.
Old 11th September 2005, 12:02 AM   #7
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
diyAudio Member

Argo-may I ask for parts values for your Buz-amp 2?

cheers!
Old 11th September 2005, 11:44 AM   #8
Geoff is offline Geoff  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default Re: wtb:class a amp modules

Quote:
Originally posted by Raj1
does anyone have any pre built class a amp modules, they no longer need and would like to sell?
Raja

I know someone in the UK who is looking to sell a Sugden A41 clone which was refurbished a few months ago with new electrolytics etc.

The owner is on holiday until next Sunday which is why I am posting on his behalf. If you might be interested in this amp, email me and I will send you the specification and schematic. I will also forward your email to the owner so that he can contact you on his return.

Geoff
Old 11th September 2005, 01:24 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Hi Geoff,

I was looking for something quite cheap, reason being that I am collecting cash for my single ended tube amps. So I really need something to tide me over on a budget. I think that perhaps both of these amps are worth more than I can fork out.

I was part of the original mini a group buy, unfortunatley my boards never arrived, and Brian sent me out another set which never arrived either. I decided to drop the ghost after the second attempt, so much that I never even bothered to pick up the parts from the post office.

Thanks
Raja
Old 11th September 2005, 04:41 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by choky
Argo-may I ask for parts values for your Buz-amp 2?

cheers!
I need to look up for the schematic, because I tried several values for different parts. Somehow I have managed to lost it somewhere in the labyrinths of my computer’s hard disc

As for the amplifier circuit, it's taking his roots from Hawk Audio A18 and also reminds Mr. Plantefève Zenquito/Buzquito amps.

Hide this!Advertise here!