• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

wtb:class a amp modules

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OK then,
I built one class a amp about a year ago, which may interest you. The circuit is quite simple 3-stage push pull but with a little twist - there is no feedback and none is actually needed. The sound was quite spectacular for solid state design. It ran stable and quiet, without problems till I started to fiddle around with bias and blow a pair of outputs on a way. Since then it has sat in a corner collecting dust and I had moved to tube designs in a meantime.
Anyhow I may part with it. The amp comes even with regulated powersuply built on same board with amp. It will only need to fit with new pair of output transistors, heatsinks and power transformer. Here’s a circuit and I will take some pictures as well if you are interested.

attachment.php

The regulator can withstand +/-50 V, the output is of course adjustable. If I remember correctly the amp had around +/-22 V. Higher is possible but the dissipation gets high though.
How much costs a DIY amp - it's priceless :clown:.
No but seriously, let me came back tomorrow (need to go now) with more details and pictures and you decide then yourself how much you are willing to part for that.

Raj1 said:
does anyone have any pre built class a amp modules, they no longer need and would like to sell?

Raja

I know someone in the UK who is looking to sell a Sugden A41 clone which was refurbished a few months ago with new electrolytics etc.

The owner is on holiday until next Sunday which is why I am posting on his behalf. If you might be interested in this amp, email me and I will send you the specification and schematic. I will also forward your email to the owner so that he can contact you on his return.

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

I was looking for something quite cheap, reason being that I am collecting cash for my single ended tube amps. So I really need something to tide me over on a budget. I think that perhaps both of these amps are worth more than I can fork out.

I was part of the original mini a group buy, unfortunatley my boards never arrived, and Brian sent me out another set which never arrived either. I decided to drop the ghost after the second attempt, so much that I never even bothered to pick up the parts from the post office.

Thanks
Raja

choky said:
Argo-may I ask for parts values for your Buz-amp 2?

cheers!

I need to look up for the schematic, because I tried several values for different parts. Somehow I have managed to lost it somewhere in the labyrinths of my computer’s hard disc :xeye:

As for the amplifier circuit, it's taking his roots from Hawk Audio A18 and also reminds Mr. Plantefève Zenquito/Buzquito amps.

Raja,

Please email me. I have a ZEN IV that I built about a year ago but decided to use the chassis and heatsinks for my Aleph 5. I have all the parts including stuffed and working Pass pcboards, Toroidal transformers, rectifiers, binding posts, rca connectors, Filter capacitors etc. All is needed is mechanical assembly and as I mentioned it was assembled and tested before being removed from the chassis.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.