• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

large copper heatsink

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This heatsink is all copper, designed for forced air cooling but could be used for convective.

Like I said it is all copper, even the fins. It came off of a 400w Raytheon linear power supply. Has mounting holes for 6 TO-3 devices but could easily be used for TO-220 devices.

Has bakelite standoff blocks and a plastic insulator on one edge because it was designed to run with the heatsink being the anode ..

Dimensions:

6.25" + 1.25" for mounting bracket [width]

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

4.5" height

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

2.75" + 2.25" for device bracket [depth]

Comes with 3 RCA 2N3055s, two TO-3 transistors that I can't read [probably the same], an RCA 2N40312[?] and some other parts.. I don't know if any of them work but I'll let you rip them off the heatsink.

It weighs approximately 5 pounds. I might be off a bit so don't yell at me if it's 4.45 or 5.29 pounds.

I think it's worth around $20 just because it is all copper. I'll "take bids" for a few days here I guess and end on Friday Sept. 9 at 3PM. Highest bidder before then gets it. Hell, I don't know if anyone even wants it :)

Shipping is USPS from NY. No "handling fee"

I have another one exactly like it that I will probably sell if this one goes.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.