• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Unfinished phono preamp w/ "audiophile" parts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I made this phono preamp a few months back when I first got my turntable and started listening to vinyl. Since, my turntable died on me (it was vintage and in not-so-great shape, unknown to me at the time of purchase) and I sold it off for parts because I wasn't sure how to fix it. I was using this preamp in its unfinished state (no enclosure or jacks) during this time (couldn't have more than 5 hours on it, conservatively speaking). I used alligator clips to attach to leads for the input and output. It sounded great at the time (despite turntable issues). Very warm and full sounding. It features:

Four Elna Cerafine 470uF, 35V caps in power supply
two Solen 1.2uF caps in power supply
2x heavy-duty 9V battery clips in series (can use 9V or AAA/AA with appropriate battery holder- I used 16 AA in two holders that will come with the pre)
All Wima MKP 2.5% film caps in equalization network
socketed dual-channel opamp (OPA2604 in there right now, which will come with the pre)- gold pins and contacts on socket
All Vishay/Dale RN60D and Holco H8 1% resistors
two Solen 7.5uF output caps

The whole thing is on a 4.5" x 6.25" protoboard. Just to clarify, there are no inputs or outputs attached and no case included. It is battery powered right now and I will include the two battery holders for 16 AA (I don't have any batteries, though). Some DIY work will be necessary for you to finish this amp- soldering inputs/outputs, and case work. You could also change the power supply. It uses Thorsten's "Dirt Cheap" phono pre circuit, for reference. I simply don't have the time (or available cash) to finish it and no longer need its services anyway. I could also use the cash right now... :xeye:

I am looking to get about $40 including shipping within the U.S. or Canada. Money order preferred.

Thanks!

Attachments

• phonopre1.jpg
    phonopre1.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 307
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.