• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Tube Collection

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all. I have come into possesion of a decent number of tubes from a friend who assumed audiophile meant tube nut. However I'm not so I've been meaning to get rid of them. What better place to ask then here I figured. There is quite a large range of tubes, but not many of one single type so if anyone here is after a few tubes let me know and I'll look to see if I have it/them. Make me a reasonable offer and they are yours.

These are all old RCA, Sylvania, and GE tubes with a few oddballs like westinghouse thrown in for good measure.

I also have avaliable to me a tube tester (don't ask how I came into possesion of it) so I can verify the condition of the tube and possibly look for a suitable matched pair. The tester is a Hickok model 752 btw.

Mods if you think this is better posted in the market place please move the thread, I just assumed it would recieve better exposure to the intended audience posted in here. Someone might not be actively looking for a tube but if they came across an avaliable one it might spark their interest.

dswiston said:
Hi all. I have come into possesion of a decent number of tubes from a friend who assumed audiophile meant tube nut. However I'm not so I've been meaning to get rid of them. What better place to ask then here I figured. There is quite a large range of tubes, but not many of one single type so if anyone here is after a few tubes let me know and I'll look to see if I have it/them. Make me a reasonable offer and they are yours.

These are all old RCA, Sylvania, and GE tubes with a few oddballs like westinghouse thrown in for good measure.

I also have avaliable to me a tube tester (don't ask how I came into possesion of it) so I can verify the condition of the tube and possibly look for a suitable matched pair. The tester is a Hickok model 752 btw.

Mods if you think this is better posted in the market place please move the thread, I just assumed it would recieve better exposure to the intended audience posted in here. Someone might not be actively looking for a tube but if they came across an avaliable one it might spark their interest.

Hey,, Im In illinois,, ME LIKEY TUBIES Me Want lol

No seriously,, I'll drive to get them if your serious to get rid of them.
Gene

Ok guys well it took me a bit of work and time to get them, so I wasn't planning on giving them away but was looking to sell them for a good price. I'll take a picture of the whole lot layed out and attempt to make the models off all the tubes visible. I already checked most of them with the tube tester and threw out any that weren't up to par (only a few had to be tossed). If someone wants the whole lot (which would be easier for me to get rid of) let me know. Otherwise like I said I'll take measurements of any that anyone is interested in and ship them out.

They are currently in northern Illinois (Chicago suburb since northern Illinois is relative to where you live) but are about to take a trip down to Champaign Illinois tomorrow as am I (summer living location). It's possible I'll be making trips back up to Dupage County during the summer so if your interested in picking them up and aren't in a rush we can set up a date. The end of May seems possible for a week long trip back and then randomly throughout the rest of the summer till August for a day or two at a time.

dswiston said:
Ok guys well it took me a bit of work and time to get them, so I wasn't planning on giving them away but was looking to sell them for a good price. I'll take a picture of the whole lot layed out and attempt to make the models off all the tubes visible. I already checked most of them with the tube tester and threw out any that weren't up to par (only a few had to be tossed). If someone wants the whole lot (which would be easier for me to get rid of) let me know. Otherwise like I said I'll take measurements of any that anyone is interested in and ship them out.

They are currently in northern Illinois (Chicago suburb since northern Illinois is relative to where you live) but are about to take a trip down to Champaign Illinois tomorrow as am I (summer living location). It's possible I'll be making trips back up to Dupage County during the summer so if your interested in picking them up and aren't in a rush we can set up a date. The end of May seems possible for a week long trip back and then randomly throughout the rest of the summer till August for a day or two at a time.

OK Great, Im near Dupage county, In fact My gal runs a business there.(Bartlett)
Surrounding towns are hanover park, Carol Stream, West Chicago, Bloomingdale,Addison, Wheaton, Glen Elyen. All a few minutes away.
Lot Priceing sounds good.

Can you Email me a list or semi list directly?
IP00@aol.com
Gene

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.