• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS:Mixer ext power supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a rackmount power supply. Came from a behringer MX3282A Console. The DC outputs are: +18V/1.5A, -18V/1.5A, +48V/250mA, +12V/0.5A and +5V/1A. I wanted to use it to build some custom channel strips, preamp or modify my mixer. Most of these projects are out of my league andi'd have to shut down my studio to finish them. If you don't want to buy it maybe you can suggest some projects for it.
BTW: Does the +18V and the -18V have something to do with balanced outputs?

power supply

The 7 pin connector is still on it. Possibly deliver it. Not sure how much to sell it for. Kind of hoping I'd get a reasonable offer. It wouldn't be much. Keep in mind that fuel to Toronto and back would be about thirty dollars. I'm curious because you mentioned connector. Do you have an MX3282A?

Hey argonrepublic, the +/-18 rails are for the opamps bipolar power needs. They are indirectly related to balanced outs in that the balanced line driver chips also need a bipolar supply. But just about any non radio shack mixer uses bipolar supplies, even the cheap a** spirit folio consoles. If you can can even call them consoles.

MX3282A PSU uses 7-pin XLR

Hi all, just for the record:

The Behringer MX3282A uses a 7-pin XLR type connector. The PSU has a female connector on a cable, the console itself has a male chassis part. Voltages as described (I will soon own one).

http://bradself.smugmug.com/gallery/844699/1/38497372

One could easily create an extra power filter stage to be inserted in the cable, without altering the console or the PSU.

Regards, AudioGuy.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.