Looking for build services - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th April 2005, 03:06 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Looking for build services

Hi guys. I am looking for someone not to far from Toronto who is into amp building. I know, i know its a DIY forum but i dont want to spread to thin and cost myself too much money. I am willing to pay someone to build me some mono blocks. They dont have to look all fancy. I can either pay cash OR you can buy equipment parts in trade. UP to you. I
read the forum rules and i hope i didnt break any but it did not say anything about buying someones 'skillz'. If i did i apologize. Now back to my speaker dilemma. Have a nice day
Old 4th May 2005, 04:02 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Hey-Hey!!!,
Drop me a note, I can help. Soon to be from the Detroit MI area, and may have what you want.
regards,
Douglas
Old 4th May 2005, 05:24 AM   #3
jim_vt is offline jim_vt  United States
diyAudio Member

I think I may be interested in somthing along the same lines...I've got some ideas for an amp, but I lack the workshop space now as a college student to build them, and I doubt my RA would like the solder fumes

If anyone's interested, an email to "jimj" "at" "vt" "dot" "edu" would be very much appreciated!

Old 6th May 2005, 04:54 PM   #4
rmihai is offline rmihai  Canada
diyAudio Member

Because I am from Toronto too, and I was looking for something similar. I am looking for someone close enough tto Toronto (max Cleveland, Detroit or Montreal) to build a tube amplifier for me. I need to deliver at least 75W in 8 ohms in TRIODE mode. I will supply all the needed parts as instructed.

Let me know.
Old 6th May 2005, 06:09 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Sweet i am not the only one and Bandersnatch, ya dude ill e-mail you once i finish this really annoying speaker problem. and sell off alot of my stuff so two weeks and ill have the money for something like that again, mabey a month.
Old 7th May 2005, 01:01 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

oh boy, 75 W with class A triodes! sweet! I have just the plan. I will need to know your floor loading specs...

Single pair of finals and class A is no small thing at that power level. There are a few means of accomplishing it with world class sound( why bother for anything else? ).

Looking foirward to it!
regards,
Douglas
Old 7th May 2005, 05:03 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Default mono blocks

Im also interested . btw thanks mike for starting this.. Bandersnatch it looks like you may have a 2nd job. Im in indiana.Maybe we can all agree on the same design and it would wook out great for all of us..is it possiable people on forums agreeing on the same thing..lol.. id much rather give a hard working man the money than a big box store!!
Old 7th May 2005, 05:51 PM   #8
jim_vt is offline jim_vt  United States
diyAudio Member

75W in triodes...heh

I'd just want 6wpc with EL84/6BQ5's wired as triodes...little less demanding, I guess
Old 7th May 2005, 07:48 PM   #9
rmihai is offline rmihai  Canada
diyAudio Member

I have no idea what you can do only with 6W pc. I guess those will hardly be enough for my headphones. If you were thinking to hornes, sorry, my opinion is that hornes are fow discoteques, not for else.
Old 8th May 2005, 03:54 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Bandersnatch
oh boy, 75 W with class A triodes! sweet! I have just the plan. I will need to know your floor loading specs...

Single pair of finals and class A is no small thing at that power level. There are a few means of accomplishing it with world class sound( why bother for anything else? ).

Looking foirward to it!
regards,
Douglas

hehe WHOA boy easy ...... 75 watt sonic frontiers cost me 2200 dollars EACH in mono blocks ....what are YOURS gonna cost me ?

Hide this!Advertise here!