• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Wanted 2SK176 - 2SJ56

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks,

definately after the TO3 package............

I had checked out the web and found a couple of sites offering the fets - like the site you mentioned.
but while I'd consider selling the family (well selected items) to fund the obsession, the boss may have some issue with the concept.

So was hoping to find someone willing to part with a few at prices similar to the ones discussed @ diyaudio 1-2 years ago - thus avoiding unwanted domestic disharmony.

Or perhaps if there is interest from others, I can investigate purchasing a larger quantity of NOS

Checkout the profusion web site. Its Exicon MOSETs are very similar to the original Hitachi devices, and you don't have to pay those outrageous prices listed by sound-smith:

http://www.profusionplc.com/hitachi.htm

I am using some Exicon devices along with Hitachis and find no difference in their sound.

http://www.profusionplc.com/exicon.htm

I have a few SK134/SJ49 -TO3 devices and can match them with an original Hafler MOSFET checker. But they don't work at the same rails voltage levels as the ones you specified.

I know of a guy who sells matched sets. sometimes 16 matched, of each type. I tried to email you via the board but.. no go. And, I'm not willing to share with the forum here, until I get mine! I'd better get them soon..

BIG QUESTION:

If an amplifier uses the 135-50's..can one simply swap in the 176-56's?? or are the two dissimalar enough that it can't be done? I mean with no changes, other than the output device swap?

Dick - thanks for suggestion
Exicons may be a good option, I will have a surf & see if anyone can confirm compatibility.

KBK - email address should be ok,

I think the 176-56's can be used as direct replacements for the lower spec'd devices, but would wait for someone smarter than I to confirm before taking the plunge.

If typing my email address
beware the _ which doesn't show up when an application underlines the email address
poor_lackey bla bla bla

Regards
Tony

OK!!

I finally managed to get ahold of the guy I buy them from..let me
see what I paid....

ok. I paid $10.31 US each, for

16 matched N-channel
and 16 matched P-channel.

All matched together, and this matching done on a custom piece of equipment, designed specifically to match these fets. Dave Haflers old equipment.

Get ahold of me if you still need them! I'll direct you to the guy who has the stash.

This thread is confusing. What rails voltages will you use? These Hitachis came for use in 3 main voltage levels. They are backwards compatible so those specified for 90 VDC can operate at 65 VDC, but not the reverse.

Tell us the operating voltages you will be using then we can be more specific about which devices to use and where they can be found.

Dick

I've modded the capacitance level in my Belles 450 soooo....much, and the AC voltage around here is so elevated..that the DC rails are at 90-95 volts! So I'm upping the output pairs from 135-50, to the 176-56 units. Plus, I'm putting 0.2ohm caddocks in for emitters and seprating the dual wound transformer, to make the unit true dual mono. Should be a nice unit after that, I hope. Typical Fet sound though. Can't do much about that.

Buy & resell Exicons

Hi Poor Lackey,

I'd go for the Exicons. You could even buy 20 pairs at a discount, and resell 6 pairs. See the Exicon site for the discount. That would set you back $273, minus the resale revenue. I once sold 6 pairs of 2SK135/2SJ50's for $110 on Ebay. OK, original Hitachi's, but just to give you an impression. Net cost would be around $163 for you, so $6 per MOSFET.

http://www.profusionplc.com/cgi-bin/gex/pcatdtl?ipartno=ECF10N20

http://www.profusionplc.com/cgi-bin/gex/pcatdtl?ipartno=ECF10P20

Regards, AudioGuy.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.