• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Aleph 2 Printed Circuit Boards (PCB)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hello Everyone,

I just finished designing and sending my Aleph 2 PCB files to PCBexpress, and I have a few extra pairs of boards available if anyone is interested

The board specs are as follows:

- Two layer
- Green solder mask on both sides
- White silkscreen on top layer
- 2.5 oz copper
- Plated through holes
- 0.064 FR4 PCB material
- 10" by 7.5" overall size
- All parts on one board

The only external connections from the PCB are the transformer, two coils (optional), speaker output, and signal input. All the PS caps are mounted on the PCB (12 x 10,000 uF Elna Audio caps per channel) along with all the transistors, diodes (MSR 1560), and all other signal level components. I can include a full list of parts used if people are interested.

It cost me $397 for a quantity of 8 boards, and two of them are for me. I'm selling the remaining 6 boards for $50 (US) a piece. I'm not making any profit whatsoever on these boards (check the price if you're in doubt) but spreading the setup fee over 8 boards will make things easier on me.

If you're interested please let me know and I'll give you all details. The boards should arrive here on the 14th, and I'll test them before I finalize any sales.

Thanks for your interest!

Owen Columbus

Attachments

• aleph 2 pcb.pdf
    80.1 KB · Views: 206

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
The boards have arrived!

Hey everyone,

The Aleph 2 PCBs showed up a few days ago, and I've completed one and tested it. Everything is perfect, and the boards are officially available if anyone is interested.

I have all the detailed photo's at this site:

http://vv.carleton.ca/~steve/gallery/Owens-Aleph-2

Seeing them put together might answer more questions than writing a description here, but if anyone has any questions at all please feel free to ask!

I only have four boards (two pairs) available, so it'll be first come, first serve.

Thanks for looking!

Owen C.

Attachments

• aleph 2 pcb 2 (s).jpg
    aleph 2 pcb 2 (s).jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 351
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.