• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Pair of amplifier heat sinks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Each of these two heat sinks were made from 2+ each of DH-500 sink halves. I cut pieces on table saw with special blade then bolted sections tightly together with thermal grease at joints. Overall cooling capacity in excess of the DH-220/XL-280 sink. See comparison photo below.

Dimensions 9.25" X 4.25" X 1.75" (average fin depth) plus 3.25" overall depth with "wings." Each wing will mount 3 TO-3 devices so each sink can handle 6 TO-3 devices.

$40 the pair, plus postage. Calculate 6.5 pounds from ZIP 61111. Too large to fit in flat rate box so plan on Parcel Post -- unless you want something faster.

Attachments

• heatsinkslarge.jpg
    heatsinkslarge.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 434
Here is an amp, a DH-120 stereo clone, made using a similar heat sink. This gives you an idea of how they might be used. Just excuse my lack of tidy wiring.

FWIW this stereo amp (60 + 60 watts) really cranks even with a high bias setting and the heat sink bearely gets warm.

Attachments

• dh-120clone.jpg
    dh-120clone.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 418
Have you calculated shipping from my place to yours? Do you want ground or air shipping? The cost will be high to the Netherlands and you are probably more expert on getting stuff from the USA than I am on sending stuff overseas. Let me know what you calculate for which means. Thanks . . .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.