• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB : Jasper Circle Jig

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Looking for a jasper circle jig ...
Amazon has it for $32+ ... but I'm looking for a used one at a cheaper price as I still am not sure to what extent I'll be using it in the future.
For now I am trying to build a dayton III ... if it works out fine, then I'll look into building more speakers.

Parts Express has the Model 400 Jasper Circle Jig for $26.62. This is the smaller one that you would use for 90% of your projects. I have found this to be an invaluable tool in speaker building. You get perfect driver cut-outs and recesses every time. BTW, the Dayton III is a great first kit to build. Everything is very well documented, and the finished product sure sounds a lot better than the $300 or so that you will spend on it. Also, spend the extra few dollars and use the Mills resistors and Dayton Poly caps that are "optional" in the parts list. It's not that much more money, and the results are much better.
I built a pair of these last year as a Christmas present for my cousin, and he absolutely loves them! I added an extra 3/4" curly maple baffle on top of the existing 3/4" MDF box. I painted the box black, and clear-coated the whole thing. I wish I had a picture to post. They really look amazing, and they sound excellent. Good luck with your project.

Cheers,
Zach

Cacophonix said:
Looking for a jasper circle jig ...
Amazon has it for $32+ ... but I'm looking for a used one at a cheaper price as I still am not sure to what extent I'll be using it in the future.
For now I am trying to build a dayton III ... if it works out fine, then I'll look into building more speakers.

dude,
if only we hadn't lost the last one we bought, ... before even using it once :(

my crude circle cutter jig works well for larger woofer holes etc, .. but the smaller one is what we need for tweeter cut outs and such

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.