• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

For sale: Jordan JX53 drive units

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have 4 pairs of new, unused Jordan JX53 drivers, originally bought from Jordan Designs to build a Linear Array system (4 units per channel).

Having built a JX92 system, I'm now into simplicity and I doubt the Array is going to happen, so I'm selling these off. The drivers are all in original packaging, unopened and have been sitting quietly in my notoriously-full Projects To Do cupboard for the last year.

I'd prefer to sell them as a lot for use in an array. The units themselves are mid-HF drivers which operate in an array from 100Hz upwards. I've heard the Linear Array system at Ted Jordan's and it is very good indeed. A sub is all you need to add to make a very powerful, wide bandwidth system with superb stereo imagery.

These are the current JX53 drivers. Full details of the units are at

http://www.ejjordan.co.uk/drivers/jx53.html

and the Linear Array is at

http://www.ejjordan.co.uk/systems/jx_system.html

The units cost me £55 each, so I'm looking for £300 for the eight. Postage and insurance will be at cost.

Alternatively, if anyone is interested in pairs of units, let me know.

Either reply here or email me at: diy(usual symbol)rtoonist.u-net.com

Colin

My 'To Do' cupboard really is getting too full - so time to move a few things. If anyone is interested in the full array, I am willing to sell for £200, which is less than half price. Postage will be at cost.

Alternatively, keep your eyes on eBay.co.uk as I'll be putting them on there in the next week or so.

Note that although a new JX53-style driver is on the way from Jordan, they are mainly designed to extend the range into the bass. Theexisting JX53 array, in a recommended enclosure, will run to 150Hz or so in the bass, with all the same benefits in the HF and regarding imaging.

Colin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.