• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

For Sale: Volt 12" radial studio woofers NIB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am selling a beautiful pair of 12" Volt RV-3143 woofers--brand new in their boxes, never used.

These units are optimized for studio use, and they stand head and shoulders above the competition. The symmetrical magnet assembly reduces flux modulation while the aluminum radial chassis bolted to the pole piece acts as a giant, super-efficient heatsink and works in tandem with the voice coil venting to minimize heat buildup and power compression. All of these factors add up to significantly reduce power compression and distortion, which yields extreme dynamic contrast and very natural sound.

This pair is superior to the R-3143 version imported by Solen of Canada (which they sell for $695 a pair plus shipping and import duty) as these have rear-vented voice coils for even lower thermal compression.

These were originally purchased directly from Volt in England with custom 16-ohm voice coils for use with tube amps.

Fs = 34 Hz
Re = 12 ohms
Qes = .37
Qms = 5.7
Qts = .35
Vas = 76 liters
Le = 3.2 mH
power handling = 300 watts RMS, 600 watts program

I will sell this very special pair for $350 + shipping.

To give you a better idea of what a bargain this is, consider that a 4-ohm version of this driver is used in the transmission-line loaded PMC model MB-2, which retails for 15,319 British pounds per pair (that's roughly $19,980.00).

These will probably sell very fast, so let me know immediately if you are interested.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.