• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Valves for sale - cheap, make an offer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just cleared out a whole heap of stuff I dont need. Make me an offer on anything you want. First come-first served.

Valve Quantity Additional info available
7558 7
6442 20
8233 1
2J3A5 1
5654W 13 CV4010?
5670W 27
5814A 3
6AN5WA 2
6AQ4 1
6AQ4/7344 2
6BQ5 6
6BZ6 3 8639
8532W 13 6J4
CV132 7346 10
CV132 K/FE 7232 2 6HI (ITT)
CV378 2
CV4014/M8083 4
CV4015 8 6065 7614 CV4015 KB/QDD
CV4025 143/AD 3
CV424 KB/DF 2
EAC91 9
M8161 4 6065 7749 CV4015 BB/QDD
QQV03-20A 2
YL1370/6146B 3

Hi Shane,

I think this thread sort of belongs in the Trading Post section, but a moderator can move the thread if it's misplaced anyway....

I might be interested in some of the 5670s, 8532s and QQV03-20A though. Not really sure how much they are worth, so I'll have to check and get back to you.

By the way, have you decided to build something with your 8116s?

I had better add CV424, CV378, 7558 and 5654 to the 5670, 8532 and QQV03-20A. That's quite a lot of valves (but this is a bit of a disease, you know). I suspect these are the valves that not many other people would want though... :D

You said some of your 8233s and 8116s were damaged before, so if the valves above are in good condition (also please advise if they're used or not) - I might be able to make you an offer.

Valves

1. Yep, I will send anywhere. I'll package the best as possible but will not accept any responsibility for damage due to what they are.

2. All valves are NOS, and to the best of my knowledge have never been used, installed, or even touched before.

3. All valves appear to be in as new condition. I have no way to check, but if there are any specific checks you want, I'll be happy to do them for you. I only have access to limited test equipment (MM,PS,CRO)

4. I cant tell anyone how much I want for anything, cause I dont know how much they are worth. Thats why - MAKE AN OFFER. Unless you are being rediculous, I'll pretty much take any offer. Make your offer on this thread, so if your full of it, someone else will probably let me know.

Im not in this to make huge $$$$, I just dont need them.

Stuff (and Offer)

Shane, whoever you send these to - package them the best you can. Even the thought of broken valves breaks my heart! Australia Post hasn't managed to break any valves sent to me that were packaged into an outer hard cardboard box, with the spaces within stuffed with foam or something - yet

Okay, onto other things -

At first I had thought CV378 was just any ordinary vacuum rectifier, but actually it turns out that CV378 is the 'common valve' designation for the GZ37. The local valve dealer round here sells them for around A$70 or so for Mullards, so I'd better steer clear. (Actually I had thought of not saying anything and trying to get them for a few dollars but that would be unfair ;)) Another valve type which may raise some interest is the 5814, which I think is a special quality 12AU7. I honestly don't know who will want the 6442 metal triode thingies, but you never know!

So that leaves the 5670, 8532, QQV03-20A, CV424, 7558 and 5654. I'm no expert, but I don't think any of these valves are worth big dollars as they all seem to be originally designed for RF and not audio - so audiofools haven't driven up the price.

Now, I don't actually know their real value. What do you say to A$200 for the quantities you have for the valves listed above. Please don't faint, especially since I told you before that a single NOS 8116 might sell for around that much through normal channels. If I am full of something which I cannot say in public, please do tell (or someone butt in). I will then take some off the list (can't afford to spend more) - I'm not trying to rip anyone off. I don't actually need thirteen 5654s for any other reason than to satisfy my compulsive urge to buy valves (though I'll still find a use for them :D) Of course shipping would be extra, but I wouldn't expect it to be more than A$20 or thereabouts.

I think we might have a deal... Not completely sure what to do with all of them, but hey - they're valves and I like 'em! :D

OT to this thread, but on the subject of that amp, I've drawn up a class AB (heresy, I know) design for the 8116 for 35W which actually uses fewer parts. I'll email it to you.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.