• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Penultimate Zen V4 Parts for sale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello I have a pair of Penultimate Zen V4 PCB's for sale. These are stuffed with quality parts and matched FET's. I am looking for a fair price for them, they are brand new. I would like $110 US for the pair, that barely covers the cost of the boards and parts. You can see some photo's here.

http://www.briangt.com/gallery/album06

I do not give this project up easily, but I have so many I would like to get finished, like my Aelph 2 and Aelph X for instance. I am willing to part with any and all of this project for a fair price as well. The Chassis is only roughly finished and mechanical skill and tools would be needed to complete it along with some aluminum for 3 sides. I would part with it complete for $75 US including fans, Heatsinks that form the tunnel, Capacitor clamp, Transformer clamp and all metal parts shown.

Capacitors and Transformer could also be had for $100 US.

Regards

Anthony

Attachments

• pz4 f.jpg
    pz4 f.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 310
Special deal, while I have all the parts together!

$225 for the whole Kit!

Of course if somebody buys any of the parts individually first then the deal is off.

Pay Pal only please.

The Transformer is a Plitron dual secondary 38VAC (38-0-38) 750VA with screen and shielding. Manufacturer list on this model is $118 US.

Shipping will be extra of course.

Regards

Anthony

Pardone my Pass DIY 'iggernance', but..what will the amplifier roughly (expected) deliver with that tranny value?

I must have at least 6 milk cartons of capacitors around the house... so.........I think I have that end of things covered. Unless your 'kit' offer includes them?

Me, being stupid,and trying to move..I threw out about a 4-5 square foot square heat sink. Seriously. Now, I find the replacement price for that puppy would be..about $4-500. ****. ****...because I could have re-wired for zero fans needed...and I threw that puppy out.. I had enough heat sink, in the one single sink, for comparison, to do two monoblock 200 watt class A amps.

Don't you hate it when you get into that clearing out mode?

I'm looking for a unit that will deliver about 60-100 watts per, for the mids of a tri-amped system.

Well at least we are all Canadians!

Sorry KBK

I think the bare boards are still available from PASSDIY.com, if you still want I can send you all the parts and knock $50 off the $225 Deal. Of course you will need to solder it up yourself, but I will provide you with Matched IRFP054 FETs and you can line them up nicely with the mounting holes and pads an the heatsinks.

Regards

Anthony

ok. back on topic. whatsa da watts? I'm curious what Misser Pass does with his free DIY time....

PS: I've been known to change over 600 parts in a CRT projector. I don't think soldering a few parts onto a circuit board are going to scare me too much. But.. screwing around with heavy modification of extreme voltage $10K CRT PJ's does scare the people I've done such for...:)

KBK said:
I wanna Alpina! I wanna Alpina!

I had a B12 (735 jobbie)...sort of, I salvaged a wreck to get the alpina interior, suspension, and skirts. I stuck a S68 motor from an M5 in it. fun car.
Maybe I should change my avatar since I no longer own one...

That deal Anthony is proposing to you is pretty good.
I already own a Zen V4 and it is one of the best amps I've heard so far. Beats the pants off my gainclone toys. Highly recommended.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.