• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FE206E Back Loaded Horns and ML TL

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, it's time to move on again.

If anyone wants a pair of BLH for Fostex FE206, you can have them for $100US (~40 for materials, and $2 an hour for labour :) ) . Similiar offer goes for a pair of ML TL's for the forementioned drivers; $60. Both sets are more or less unfinished MDF (the horns have some Baltic Birch in the intestinal tract). Pics of both are floating around, I'll see if I can round some up off my HD (can't take more at the moment, I lent out my digi-cam). The horns look good as-is, the ML TL will look world class with some paint or veneer. All cabinetry is good, tight and straight, couple of small (barely noticeable and fillable) dings here and there.

Thing is that they're big and heavy, so pick up is preferred, I'll deliver to anyone within a couple hundred km of Saskatoon for gas money and a coffee.

I'm getting rid of these, because my new (still secret, shhh!) speakers are huge, I can't keep four pairs of speakers in our living room anymore (it's not the wife for once!)

[ahh, here's a pic]

Attachments

• resize of rotation of horny3.jpg
    resize of rotation of horny3.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 408
Thanks for the encouraging words. I'm sure there is some one near here that'll take them...BTW my wife and I like to drive out west to Edmonton or Calgary once in a while...I'll deliver them to anyone that way...cost of gas and the obligatory coffee, of course.

Hiya,

Need a bit more information.

Basically, are these home brewed or following a plan (and if so, which plan?) What did you do for the joints? You mention Birch internally, is it veneered on or is it birch ply (I assume ply, but need to ask)

I assume I'd be able to hook up and drop in my 206's and I'd be ready to go?

Are you in directly in Saskatoon?

I assume, since you're saying you head out to Edmonton/Calgary every once in a while, it's not an urgent rush to get them out of the house.

Thx

1) a little af both, these are based on Tony Gee's Solo206, I just changed the mouth to a slightly more sensical shape, smoothed a few bends, and over built the hell out of it. Joints are butt joints (tight and all that, I work with wood for a living) with tons of glue. It's not perfect though, I haven't sanded any edges or done any finish work what-so-ever (well, the paint...but that was for fun) this was a test cabinet after all, but sounded soo good to me I listened to them for over a year. Birch ply, all the corner braces and a couple of the baffles forming the horn are made of it, I had MDF cut for everything but I ended up with some odds and ends from another project so I used it up. Also there is a mouth brace I added, also Baltic Birch.

2) Yes, you can drop your 206s right in.

3) Yes.

4) no real urgency, but they are really obtrusive at the moment. We don't have any plans for going that way any time soon, but we'd love to go to break the monotony...all we need is an excuse.

All and all, these are a great way to see if you want to pursue the horn route for very little (relatively) money and effort.
Everybody who has heard them liked them, and most wouldn't complain about their unfinished state. I just want to get the material cost back, and a little for the effort.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.