Top Hat Tube Dampers - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd August 2002, 05:35 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
Default Top Hat Tube Dampers

A new approach to reducing tube microphony! The Top Hat is machined from a slug of high density metal, into a unique and novel shape. The Top Hat, when attached to a small-signal tube (ie. 9-pin), is designed to lower internal microphonics, and to lower the tube's suseptibility to microphonics induced from external sources. The Top Hat is glued to the top of the tube, using an easily removable adhesive. This allows the top hat to be re-used almost indefinitely. The Top Hat tube dampers and container of adhesive. Reg $129.00, Sell$50.00

Bought for my tube phono stage, but abandoned the project.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg damp.jpg (48.1 KB, 761 views)
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 16th September 2002, 04:29 AM   #2
KDT is offline KDT
diyAudio Member

Thumbs up Aleph Ono // Tophats

Peter:

Thanks for your returns on my posting "Aleph Ono / Xono" today..hope to build an Ono soon. I have an Atma-Sphere MP3 which I like very much but I am having a problem with some nice sounding (but microphonic) Mullards in it. Do you still have the Tophats? If so, I would like to buy them. Look forward to listening to a very quiet and flexable phono section with the Ono, hope it's as musical as my Atma

Best

Keith (KDT)
Old 16th September 2002, 04:34 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
Yes, I still have them. Did I say they come with a satisfaction guarantee? If you don't like them you can return them for a refund.
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 6th July 2005, 07:08 PM   #4
rcpmac is offline rcpmac  United States
diyAudio Member

How much time and money has been invested in R&D for audio equipment over the years? I would think that if 10¢ worth of aluminum (or a stack of washers) set on a tube was a good idea it would be standard equipment.

Hide this!Advertise here!