• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Want 18" Drivers- In India

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Want 18" Drivers- In India

I want to purchase 2 x 18" (approx 800W each) Woofers for DJ System.

Basically to play oudoors & Indoor, ...& need good Bass Punch.

Can anybody help which are the best drivers available in India, with good SPL, and which needs Medium sized box (i.e. of approx 6Cubic Foot).

How about JBL 2242 (Super Vent Technology) OR can I get Adhire Brahma 15" here in india, and need address where do i get it.

Any other Good driver suggestions welcome.

Thanks,
Matrix.

drivers!!

Hi Matrix,

Loud speaker industry is one area which is yet to be matured and precisely Manufactured in India,

If manufactured with quality in mind people are less who will really buy, The cost for R&D is quite high, as well as the Raw materials.

Belive me there are very very Few people who manufacture Good Magnets in India,If done how will you evaluate . Forget the quality of Baskets used?????? High Temp Adhesives, most important the type of Cone used, Our indian industry Mostly like Jazzay type Asthetic cones, which will not produce the right type of Freq response.

So all these factors will matter , It does not mean that Imported ( what's Imported)will be good or Indian MFG'ed will sound lousy.

thanks

Arasuk

[appologies for typo's .. i'm still a bit drunk!]

India is a bitt tricky.. you've got some makes from Brazil and RCl stuff that is not to bad.

If you want to play with Adire's stuff ... you'll need to import them directly - allthough you'll want to avoid paying the octeroi charges. tax is a llittle crazy.

Most DJ / club stuff operates at at about 10% THD. - at that level, the dancer thinks it sounds a lot lounder than it actually is.

I bought my company some Mackie rigs (easy, light, active).

I built mysellf some some high end systems aroung the Tumults, K2's and Mangers. My subs int the Ukj are based around 10" vold bass units .... and actually got louder on 250watts that my 15" tumluts on 1600watts. Club wise ..40- 90hz is what you want. It doesn't require that amount of excursion ... and so you may paying an premium for the adires.

For the same price you could probably get an active Bass mackie that is light and portable.

... hmm I guess I am rambling.

Good luck.

Tuckshop

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.