• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Power transformenr wanted

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i have one here is the pictures.

Attachments

• ballast1.jpg
    ballast1.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 201
transformer

I have a tektronics scope filament transformer that will fill the bill.
clean condition, but it is heavy!
Has as best I remember, 4 windings, 9.62 V connected W/12 ga wire, good for perhaps 15 a each. also six to ten other windings at the same voltages, but designed for lower amps. Tek used these higher voltages because they regulated all filaments down to 6.3V
The 9.62 will sag a bit under loads greater than 5a, which should put it within range.
If this is to be for class A amps like the"x" I suggest every extra volt will be of great use: I have not been able to achieve an AC to DC conversion at high amps for more than about a 0.99 voltage conversion factor. Its high mass will protect you from overheating issues, IMHO
Do tell me what DC you are aiming at- and how many efficiency rectifiers you're thinking about!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.