• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: 50W Aleph-X parts set including chassis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I hate myself for doing this, but I can't really see where my Aleph-X would fit with my current plans. While it makes me sad it is either sell this or build another 7, so for the moment I am afraid I have to sell.

What I am selling is a complete or nearly-complete "kit" of parts for the Aleph-X. (no relation to that commercial kit, as you can see!) It should be rated a respectable 50W. These are parts that I collected over a year or so. You can see from the pictures that I am selling one nearly complete chassis (just needs jacks mounted) and all of the materials needed to complete the second chassis. If you have a drill and a way to cut aluminum angle, you can build this, especially since you have the pre-assembled one as a guide.

The big stuff
Aleph-X PCBs from group buy (resistors populated but not soldered)
Heatsinks (x8)
Precut 0.25" aluminum for front, back, top, bottom, internal shelf
2x16v@17.5A toroidal transformers (qty 2) (these look more like 800VA trannies)
68,000uF @ 50V capacitors with clamps (qty 8)
IRF044 from same lot (qty 16)
IRF9510 (qty 25)
Matched pairs of IRF9610 (qty 2+)
Neutrik XLR jacks (qty 2)
Tiffany style RCA jacks with shield caps (qty 2)
Cardas solid copper binding posts

Everything else
Dale resistors to populate boards
Cermet 200R pot (qty 2)
Cermet 50k pot (qty 4)
LM329 (qty 2)
J505 (qty 2)
MPSA18 (qty 25)
1N5239B (qty 25)
Ceramic insulators (qty 16)
CL60 thermistors (qty 2)
Panasonic FC 220uF 50V (qty 10)
Panasonic FC 100uF 50V (qty 10)
Mica 5pF caps (qty 4)
Metal oxide 1R 1W (qty 100)
Metal oxide .82R 1W (qty 100)

My plans were to go for ~20-22V at 4.5-5A. I tested extensively and both the heatsinks and power supplysupport this, although the sinks will be close to 60C. Power supply ripple was almost nonexistant at load with the large caps, and there is no hum from the transformers unless your head is inside the chassis.

The heatsinks are black anodized and also drilled for TO-3 devices if you wish to use them. The natural aluminum needs finished in some way.

I think this is everything you need, although I may be short a resistor or two. If you see anything missing, just ask, because I probably have misplaced it. If you have done a project like this I'm sure you know how much work it is to find appropriate parts, so hopefully there is some value in getting everything at once.

How does $500 sound, shipping included in the continental US? I will also ship for very little (or free) to Canada, depending on the cost. Because this would be two packages of ~70 (chassis) and ~30 lbs (parts) I can't imagine it would make sense to ship overseas.

I would really prefer to sell this as a complete set, but I am open to offers/requests, especially things like more or less PSU caps, cheaper WBT-style binding posts etc.

Attachments

• alephx1.jpg
    alephx1.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 429
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.