• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Fisher 50-A Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As for price (forgot to address that in my last post), I really have no idea what would be fair. I've tried googling for some information, and have come up empty-handed. I don't have access to any pricebooks for guidance.

I _do_ want to sell this amp, as someone else could put it to better use than I have been able to over the years.

Chris

Ah, that's a pity, I needed a pair. So, now that I'm a disinterested party, I'll tell you that I paid $100 for a pair of these perhaps 20 years ago. If you had a pair, you could probably get $300-400 these days from the right collector. A single unit may prove to be difficult to sell.

If anyone needs a mono amp for, say, center channel, this one is a peach. AB2, 50 watts, cathode followers with a transformer load driving the outputs. The best versions used EL37 output tubes.

Sorry about the delay in getting the photos uploaded. Been pre-occupied with the giant snow storm we got here in Cincinnati. Not fun.

Here's a shot of the front:

Attachments

• fisher amplifier 001.jpg
    fisher amplifier 001.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 340
I can send larger pictures to anybody that would like them, these two shots are not the best, but give an a rough idea of what I have.

In the interest of full disclosure, one of the 5AW4 tubes (front left) broke at the base when I was dusting this unit - so I haven't been able to test the unit. I plan on getting a pair of new 5AW4 tubes for this unit, they don't seem to be too expensive. Not sure if there is a more suitable "audiophile" replacement for these tubes. I believe the 1614s are original as are the 6CL6s.
I am pretty sure the 3 12AU7s are not original, as I vaguely recall swapping in some newer RCAs that I had about 10 years ago.

Thanks for your interest,

Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.