• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Proxima DP9100 projector for sale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I read this forum all the time for the speaker discussions, but about 2yrs ago I got the bug to try a projector. I ended up buying a Proxima DP9100. Long story short, I played with it for a while, but never really used it much. Now i'm in a new house and I need some cash so the projector must go.

Its basically an OHP and a LCD combined into one unit. Some basic stats:

1024*768 native resolution
300 ansi lumens output
575W metal halide lamp (with about 80 hrs on it - good for 700 hrs)
takes both computer and video inputs
16.7 million colors

Check out http://3dv.com/rentals/9100/9100.html for the full stats.

Overall this thing produces a great picture in a dim room, but it does have three "stuck" vertical lines in the display. these are one pixel width each. I've heard its most likely due to a broken soldner joint on the ribon cable and could be fixed with a needle on a soldner iron and some patience, but haven't tried it myself. The lines are apparent on dark scenes, but completely disappear when fully white. The remote is also missing.

Its awesome for video games! It was fun at my superbowl party too!

This thing could also make a great parts projector if you wanted to upgrade the LCD. It has a bright MH light, fresnel lens and large "regular" lens on the arm. There is some sort of "prism reflector assembly" inside to focus the light through the lcd.

I'd take $350 + shipping for it. Supposedly this thing retailed for $5000+ in the mid to late 1990's since it was one of the first true 1024*768 projectors on the market. Shipping will be kinda high due to the weight. Probably about 30-40 lbs. It will be coming from St. Louis, MO. No charge for shipping if you can pick it up. Paypal or MO. My ebay name is cheschmeyer if you want to check out my rating. (all positives)

Let me know if anyone is interested or if you have questions.

-cjh

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.