• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

job offer: pcb-layout

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there,

can anybody please design a PCB for me?
Single-sided, no SMD.

http://tobwen.bei.t-online.de/netzteil/endversion.png

I need an intelligent ground (ground guiding).

Important things to know:
- min. circuit path 0,25mm
- min. distance between circuit paths 0,25mm
- min. lands 1,00mm
- min. whole-size 0,60mm

I would like these formats:
Eagle, Protel, Target, Sprint, Pcad, Proteus, Boardmaker

I can pay you through paypal and wire (bank <=> bank).

Best,
Tobias

EnvisionAudio said:
Any reason why you need all those formats? Why not simply Gerber 274X and Excellon files?

I use Eagle 4.13 Pro and am available.

i think those are the formats that he wants, as in:
Eagle, Protel, Target, Sprint, Pcad, Proteus, OR Boardmaker
instead of:
Eagle, Protel, Target, Sprint, Pcad, Proteus, AND Boardmaker

it would be impractical fro someone to redo the circuit in ALL of the formats.

however he has T1 which is ambigous as it may or may not fit on the PCB. further capacitors are not labeled. there are few footprints for the circuit, making PCB design more difficult. especailly with things like D8 the zener diode which may be a 1W, or 10W package and where the 1W and 10W zeners require different currents to get the zener voltage.

fuse holders are also a little open ended.

does your school give free PCBs? i know mine does but doesn't really advertise it.

Well, I just figure commercially speaking, a couple of hours of somone's time at $17 an hour or so is pretty cheap, especially for a one-off job. The person doing the work must be getting paid only $8-9 an hour tops.

I agree it is a lot for a circuit that you could P2P in the same amount of time for free.

Tobwen, I think it is perfectly fine, I was just surprised that the commercial cost was so low. If you can get it done even cheaper by a hobbyist, even better. :)

I love using PCBs, I just find that it is usually not worth the investment in time unless I need more than a few. It is nice that so many people donate their work.

TobWen said:
in my opinion, it isn't very cheap ... for this small PSU (200mA !!)
I would say it's dirt cheap, at least in the western world.

Seriously, if you haven't got the time to CAD it, do you have the time to build it? One solution is to use Vero board.

You may check with Jan Dupont, nick here is ACD. He says somewhere at his homepage about free CAD help.

http://audio-circuit.dk

The circuit is pretty simple - actually vey simple. I own a circuit design company, and use Eagle all day anyway. If you just need a simple single-side board layout, I can do that for free. It's no skin off my teeth, and I'd be glad to help.

Limitations on file handling will be in place as I won't be responsible for actually making the circuit board - you will have to find someone to do that (just as I do). I will give you the Gerber files and the original Eagle .brd and .sch files.

I won't even put my company logo on it. :D

Send the details along with component values and wattages to

envisionelec(at)earthlink(dot)net

The usual spam-free implementation.

Regards,
Aaron Hammett

Hey ...

I'm a IPC certiified PCB designer (CID) and haven't worked that cheap in 20 years ... that being said ... I'm a DIY too and would be GLAD to HELP for FREE !!!! .. but .. since I do this for a living ... I don't use those tinker toy tools .. only full mainstream CAD tools .. PADS , Boardstation , Veribest , Allegro ... I'm currently using PADS at the day job and can lay it out in about 15 minutes making that 34 bucks sound like $150/ hr :) Since I'm a DIY I can also get protos SUPER CHEAP !!!!

let me know !!!

TVP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.