• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

PO'd wife sale : PV800 subwoofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I brought this home, woman got mad so it's gotta go. I didn't really need it (so she says).

Boston Acoustics PV800 subwoofer. Good physical condition. Amp doesn't work. I replaced it with a thick blank panel and binding posts for use with external amp and controller, this works much better than the original amp, as an added bonus the box is stiffer. I used an old NAD amp in bridged mode and a Paradigm X30 sub controller to drive this with good results. For HT, using the sub-out on the receiver works ok in place of a controller.
I'll include the original amp as well. There is a problem in the power supply and I haven't tried understanding BASH power supplies at all, therefore I haven't fixed it. Maybe you can.
Overall, it's a pretty good sounding sub. Well built, good looking cabinet, black ash vinyl with gloss dark grey formica top. 12" driver, down firing, "power vent" technology (they said it). The specs are all over the interweb, google for Boston PV800.

I'll take offers over $100 (what it cost me, ~$699 is the current price for a new one).

I bought the one..the only..

.."The Beast", as it is affectionately known.

And the car is definitely a total blast to drive. Your licence is unsafe..at any speed! It's just plain.....too fast!

In case you don't get it...that's a 2000/ E39 M5, Anthracite color.

I've had it lay rubber or at least loose traction and 'spin' a bit when accellerating at 180 kph..on a slightly rough road patch. Holy smokes, this car moves. Had 'er up to 270kph so far. It'll easily go more. :D

Oh yeah, about two months back, my side of the freeway was clear. So, I let er go a bit. I was doing 200kph, when the cop on the other side saw me, he was driving a brand new unmarked car. Never saw him until the last second. Oops!. It was a cement barrier between us, so he coudln't do anything. But he looked pissed. So I kept moving, out of sight... He can't catch the plate, I knew, I was moving too fast. .Then I slowed down for the trap I knew they were going to set up. And..15km down the road..there it was. So I puttered through it at just over the speed limit.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.