Giant 1:1 Center tapped transformer fo sale!! - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread

Old 2nd July 2002, 06:47 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to PhaseShift
Default Giant 1:1 Center tapped transformer fo sale!!

I have one really big transformer I found in my grandma's basement. According to my grampa it had come out of an electric stove. It has all 12 guage wires coming out of it. All of those wires have a second layer of insulation to protect it from high heat. This transformer is roughly thirty years old with almost no rust. It can easily be rewound but you may have to use new wire because of all the glue that the factory used on the windings. It weighs between 10 and 20 pounds. Would work great as an isolation transformer or a giant power supply. Best offer wins. Just post any questions and/or offers.

Thanks David

Old 2nd July 2002, 07:32 AM   #2
Duo is offline Duo  Canada
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to Duo
do you have any idea what it would cost to ship it to Regina Saskatchewan in Canada?? I would offer about 10-15 bucks USD for it or more depending on it's condition... Does it still work?

Old 4th July 2002, 04:56 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to PhaseShift
One to one transformers are rather rare especialy one this big so I cannot let it go for 10-15 USD. It is fully functional (I wouldn't have known it was a 1:1 w/o testing it). It is used but is in good condition. Very quiet for its size, makes almost no noise. It was made by Jefferson transformer in California. Any more questions feel free to ask.

Thanks David

Old 4th July 2002, 07:59 PM   #4
Duo is offline Duo  Canada
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to Duo
okay then. I didn't really offer a substantial price, since I don't really need another tansformer for my collection of like 40(5 or 6 hundred pounds worth!) But I'm just into isolation transformers right now, cause if you looked at my thread (much less crazy idea) you'll see that a 1:1 transformer with CT and moderate current is just what I need. But thanks anyway

Closed Thread

Hide this!Advertise here!