• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB Apex Jr. Ribbon Tweeter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all,
I am looking for a number of a ribbon tweeter sourced from Apex Jr, manufactured by Fuji Sanwa, AFAIK. It's a spiral coil on the ribbon, constrained between two magnets with a waveguide and perforated metal protective grill.
Anyone who has these to spare, I'd greatly appreciate it. To Planet10, I already contacted you via email, so no need to repond here as well.
Will pay reasonable prices.

Thanks all!

6 units? all for a pair? Lookin' at high sensitivity I guess. And yes, you may ask, but I may not answer :devilr:

Actually, the project is a little wierd, it's a 2 way with a series XO, using an MCM 55-1200 4.5" midrange. I used a high tweeter cut-in to damp that peak and level match the midwoof. Enclosure is .55 cu Ft. ported, port tuned to 65Hz, IIRC (been a while since I calc'd it) . I'll probably try a sealed enclosure with the same XO to get better integration to the sub... but I'm going to eventually also need to get stereo subs.

Actually I bought 6 units for "what ever"... The price was good and they looked interesting.

So you are using series XO... Ok.. I was going more conventional with parallel.

Let me know how they end up sounding and I will do the same.

I am actually planning on using them with four 2" drivers per speaker to make a desktop line array for my computer.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.