• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Fs: 2sk170bl

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's hard to get small numbers of these JFETs cheaply in the United States, so I bought a larger quantity than I needed, and now I have 50 left.

I'll sell them for $0.60 apiece, the shipping cost should be only a few dollars because I can just use a padded envelope. I'll pay the postage on a lot of 20 or more.

Just post or send me an e-mail.

Thanks
Michael

I've sold all 50 of my 2SK170BL's, however the company I ordered from (Pacific Semiconductors of Canada) has 55 remaining 2SK170BL at 39 cents each, and 200 remaining 2SK170GR at 48 cents each.

It seems the GR version is a little less common so I would also be willing to buy up a bunch and distribute them, if there is interest for enough. If I buy the 55 2SK170BL and also 10 or more 2SK170GR, then I can distribute the BL version for 50-60 cents apiece and the GR version for 65-80 cents apiece... it depends on how many people want. Let me know if you are interested in any at all; postage should be less than $3 to the US, or $4-8 overseas.

Gosh, I am terribly sorry, and I hope I didn't break any rules. I didn't make any profit at all selling these JFETs and never intended to; there is simply a minimum order and shipping cost. I bought 75 2SK170s from Pacific Semi and paid $39.20 including shipping. I sold 50 of them and received a total of $26.87. So, if you take that revenue as a portion of the overall sale, I made about 74 cents for the time and effort (because shipping turned out cheaper than I expected). I have refunded the difference to the person who bought them from me.

I made those price estimates based on how much it would cost me to order, sort of like a group buy. I would only like to do this if it helps out other hobbyists and it cheaper than any other source. I was going to buy 2SK170s from Newark/MCM (the only US source, costing 79 cents in quantity 10-24) which has high handling and postage fees. If one person buys in larger quantity then redistributes the parts, we can save money. That is all I intended with this thread and I am certainly open to suggestions. Thanks.

The prices he is quoting are quite reasonable, and I see nothing wrong with his shipping estimates.

By the time you add in the cost of padded mailers, gas to the Post Office, he may actually lose a few pennies somewhere in there.

Postage overseas starts at around $0.85, but there is no way in hell that you can get anything except a letter for that rate. Using a decent padded mailer, you are at a $1.60 to start with.

Yeah, for only 10 JFETs, it won't be much more. I rarely exceed $3 overseas for small parts.

SY:

I could probably get three toppings for that amount. So there! Add onions.............

Jocko

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.