• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Kit for amp power soft switch

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've designed a small board that's used as a soft power switch in my Leach amp. I had to order a minimum of five boards so I'd like to offer 3 of them for sale.

The PWB contains a PC mount AC transformer, JK flip-flop, switch debouncer, and relay to switch 115VAC to a device(s). I use the output to drive a solid state relay that powers the main torroid transformer.

I'd like to offer the kit for $20 shipped with all parts except for the switch, relay, and transformer. The switch I used is pretty fancy and has a built-in blue ring to indicate power is on.

Here is a list of parts you will need to order/provide. Vendor part numbers are in parentheses:
1. DIGIKEY: Relay (Z105-ND) $4.68
2. DIGIKEY: Transformer (TE70000-ND) $9.34
3. MOUSER: Switch (117-MPI002/28/BL) $19.40
4. MAXIM: Debounce IC (MAX6816) $0 -- free sample

You can choose to use a cheap momentary switch but this one gives a very high-end look.

I've got pictures on my webshots page: http://community.webshots.com/album/89459645dwnQjT

Rob

Attachments

• img_3448_800.jpg
    img_3448_800.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 2,512
If there's really enough interest I can order more boards. The switch and transformer that I used makes this sort of expensive for what it is, but it's done in a very neat package and looks nice.

Since I didn't mention it before, the PWB measures 2.0" x 3.5".

If I can get a total of atleast 8 orders (3 PWB's that I want to sell + minimum order of 5 PWB's from vendor) then I'll order more boards. After the 3 are gone, I'll order more if there's enough interest.

-Rob

I don't want to be a killjoy, but if switch-on thump is the problem, the Leach amp will power-up with no significant disturbance if the input is held at ground potential for two or three seconds after switch on. A 'normally closed' pair of relay contacts will do this,
relay operation being delayed and energised by a simple SCR/thyristor circuit with CR charging on its gate. This arrangement requires no significant additional power components, and leaves nothing attached to the signal path after power-up. The relay de-energises immediately on switch-off, and again results in no output disturbance as the power rails decay.

JTT

Nope, that's not at all what this circuit is intended for. I wanted a momentary push button for my power switch with an LED "ring" to indicate that power was on. I was prepared to make a lightpipe around a regular push-button switch when I stumbled an off-the-shelf switch that did exactly what I wanted. I'm using a JK flip-flop to toggle power on and off, clocked by the switch. The switch needed to be debounced and I also needed some drivers for me LED. So to simplify things I made a PWB that contained all this as well as the power transformer.

Hence the name soft power switch.

I've got enough orders to order another batch of 5 (or more) boards. I have interest from the following:

[res07ogj] qty 2 (paid)
[ipolykov] qty 3
[deewm] qty 1
[ac12-5dc] qty 2

If these numbers are incorrect, please email me. I'll wait until Friday morning to see if there's any more interest. When I order PWB's on Friday it will take 1.5 weeks to get the boards.

JasonL said:
how much per board ? what comes with them ? what is the max curent that can be use.. I am assuming that depends on the relay ?

$20 each shipped. Look at the first message in this post. I list the items that are included. The output of the board is the AC line voltage (115VAC) and is switched through a 1A relay. It is not suitable to switch a power transformer. You will need to use either a 115VAC input solid state relay (like I'm doing), or tap off a 5V switched output for the LED.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.