WTB: Mic + preamp for measuring speakers - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th October 2004, 06:46 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default WTB: Mic + preamp for measuring speakers

I know I can build my own fairly easily, but if someone has a setup that they don't use any more and would like to part with, that would be perfect. I'm not looking for anything fancy at all. This will be used with Speaker Workshop or similar software, and something along the lines of the Panasonic electret capsules with one of the DIY mic preamps would be perfect.

If I can't find one, then the last option is to build my own. Does anyone sell PCBs for a mic preamp? I know there was one a while ago, but AFAIK it's not available any more. If someone has an unused or partially completed PCB, that would be helpful too.

Thanks,
Saurav
Old 6th October 2004, 07:04 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Rod Elliott has a kit that looks pretty spiffy. The board is small enough to fit inside a 1" tube so it can be close to the capsule. Look here.

I think he also sells some hardware to hold the mike and related electronics.

/Dave
Old 6th October 2004, 07:13 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Hm... missed that page in my searches, for some reason, but some of the schematics look familiar so maybe I've seen them on other websites. Thanks for the link. I'd still prefer to buy something that's fully or partially built, but this looks like the best DIY option I've seen so far.

Hide this!Advertise here!