• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS/WTT: Older quality Kenwood stereo amplifier for Subwoofer Plate amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys.

I've got a couple kenwood amps sitting around here and i'd like to trade just one for a sub plate amp that does around 275+rms into 4 ohms.

The kenwood amps are...
older KM-208, and a little newer km-992.
I'm sure whoever is trading would want the newer one.

Look at the scanned spec page on the amp for the 992.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The KM-208 looks identical with same power specs but could be slightly different. I find these amps to be much better than any reciever power i've used. I use one to power either my CSS spires or my Dennis Murphy MB27's. Never need to use all the power on the indicator (if i don't wanna blow the speakers). I also use one for my shiva 12" with just 1 channel. I'd say it does 200-250 @ 4 ohms. However, i'd like to have a plate amp to clean up my shelf of 1 unit and also have a crossover on the sub instead of stock 90hz.
If the sub was single 8 ohm's i'd probably just build an opamp and bridge the amp, but i'm not sure how stable it is into 2 ohms stereo(shiva is dual 8).

If anyones got a decent plate amp or i suppose an external amp would be fine. Just want one that can be used to it's full potential and does about 250+rms preferably with a crossover.

Thanks guys, Mark

Also, i may just sell 1 and add more money for a plate amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.