• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Toroidal Power Transformers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have the following new and unused toroidal power transformers for sale. All prices are US$.

All meet UL1411, CSA C22.2 No 66 and VDE 0550 standards. Class B insulation. Low strayfield design. Primary leads with Amp 2-520184-2 and secondary with Amp 350919-3 contacts in Amp housing 640585-1. Most are made by Toroid Corporation of Maryland for Renkus Heinz Inc. SOme are made by another manufacturer in Chatsworth, California. These were obsoleted as they only have single voltage primary windings.

All have a low voltage winding that if used with a 7815 and 7915 regulator will provide ±15V for operating pre-amps, etc.

All items subject to prior sale. SHipping is NOT included in the price.

Type ZTR0016 - 32 Pieces available - $20.00 each
31-0-31VAC at 2A and 13-0-13V AC at 1/4A secondaries. Total 130.5 VA
Primary - 120VAC
This transformer is suitable for operating a single Hypex UcD180 power amplifier module as it outputs ±50VDC. It will also operate a 150W/4 ohm Class AB power amplifier.
Shipping weight 3.5lbs each.
OD = 4.0" + lead exit bulge. Height 2.0"

Type ZTR0017 - 28 Pieces available - $20.00 each
31-0-31VAC at 2A and 13-0-13V AC at 1/4A secondaries. Total 130.5 VA
Primary - 230VAC
This transformer is suitable for operating a single Hypex UcD180 power amplifier module as it outputs ±50VDC. It will also operate a 150W/4 ohm Class AB power amplifier.
Shipping weight 3.5lbs each.
OD = 4.0" + lead exit bulge. Height 2.0"

Type ZTR0018 - 4 Pieces available - $28.00 each
47-0-47VAC at 3A and 13-0-13V AC at 1/4A secondaries. Total 288.5 VA

Primary - 120VAC
This transformer is suitable for operating a 250W into 4 ohm class AB power amplifier and may be suitable for a single Hypex UcD400 power amplifier module as it outputs ±65VDC. Check with Hypex before ordering
Shipping weight 5.8lbs each.
OD = 4.5" + lead exit bulge. Height 2.1"

Type ZTR0019 - 25 Pieces available - $28.00 each
47-0-47VAC at 3A and 13-0-13V AC at 1/4A secondaries. Total 288.5 VA
Primary - 230VAC
This transformer is suitable for operating a 250W into 4 ohm class AB power amplifier and may be suitable for a single Hypex UcD400 power amplifier module as it outputs ±65VDC. Check with Hypex before ordering
Shipping weight 5.8lbs each.
OD = 4.5" + lead exit bulge. Height 2.1"

I will ship these anywhere in the world. Buy one or a bunch. Add up the shipping weight and check with www.ups.com or www.usps.com for shipping from the Los Angeles area, zip code 92610. I WILL NOT LOOK THIS UP FOR YOU. I will only confirm the shipping cost for a confirmed buyer.

I prefer Paypal for payment or credit cards through Paypal. Paypal payments sent to dmfraser@sbcglobal.net will get to me.

I'll consider other means of payment too. What have you got?

Check out my member profile on ebay. My member ID is "chuckles". I have a 100% satisfaction rating. Yes, I could Ebay these transformers but I thought I would offer them to the DIY audio community first as I have met some nice people through DIY Audio.

To buy, contact me at dmfraser@sbcglobal.net. Got questions, just ask.

Any transformers unsold after November 15, 2004 will be put on Ebay.

Also, after these are gone, would people be interested in the ZTR0021. This is the same as the ZTR0018 except it has a dual primary which allows 115/230V operation. These would be brand new stock, made by Teca in Italy and would be about $50.00 each plus shipping. I am thinking of asking the company management if they would sell these otherwise OEM parts to help us increase our volume with Teca in order to get up to the next volume price break soomer.

Also see my free schematics page at www.schematicsforfree.mattsoft.net.

Dan Fraser

ZTR0018 all gone now.

All the ZTR0018s are sold now. Sorry. Still plenty of the others are left.

I may be able to get hold of some 1000VA transformers for making Class H amps in the 1200W range. Anyone interested? These are big brutes. I have to leave town for a few days so I will post specs next week.

More Transformers for Sale

Type ZTR0011 - I Have 33 pieces.

These are meant to be used in pairs to power a 750W per into 4 ohm power amp using a 2 step power supply. Commonly called Class G. They have 100/120/200/240V primary and secondaries of:

43.5VAC @7.20A
35.0VAC @6.50A
16.5VAC@1.80A

All voltage ratings are under full load. The windings are NOT centertapped. You are supposed to use two of these transformers in one amplifier and because of this, these will normally be sold in pairs.

A pair of these is $60.00 plus shipping for 24 pounds.

These were manufactured by Plitron Manufacturing in Toronto, Ontario, Canada in late 1995 and are new old stock parts that have never been used.

I will ship these anywhere in the world. For shipping cost, check with www.ups.com or www.usps.com for shipping from the Los Angeles area, zip code 92610. I WILL NOT LOOK THIS UP FOR YOU. I will only confirm the shipping cost for a confirmed buyer.

I prefer Paypal for payment or credit cards through Paypal. Paypal payments sent to dmfraser@sbcglobal.net will get to me.

I'll consider other means of payment too. What have you got?

Check out my member profile on ebay. My member ID is "chuckles". I have a 100% satisfaction rating. Yes, I could Ebay these transformers but I thought I would offer them to the DIY audio community first as I have met some nice people through DIY Audio.

Got questions or to buy, contact me at dmfraser@sbcglobal.net. Manufacturer's spec sheet sent on request.

Of my other transformers, the ZTR0018 is sold out. However, the other types are still available.

ZTR0011

Here is the full spec sheet.

Attachments

• renkus-heinz ztr0011 transformer spec.gif
    renkus-heinz ztr0011 transformer spec.gif
    84.2 KB · Views: 456
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.