• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Luxman Preamp TP-117

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys,

I bought a Luxman pre-amplifier and power amplifier (seperate units) used. However, the pre-amplifier is lacking a remote control. It is virtually useless without it. It defauls to tuner, so its good for that, and has a CD straight button which by-passes for CD. Therefore, it is only useful for tuner and CD unless you already have a unit, in which case you can daisy chain them.

I've had no luck in finding a universal remote for it. I've checked radioshack and future shop, and nobody seems to even have heard of this company. I believe its Japanese and supposed to be very high end. There are lots of buttons on the preamp, but none of them seem to switch the source.

As such, since I already have a Technics that I'm happy with, I am selling the preamplifier and keeping the power amplifier. The preamp is TP-117 and the power amp is M-113. If you are only willing to buy the preamp if I sell you the power amp as well, then I will sell both. But I like the looks of the power amp and haven't really had a chance to see what it can do yet.

Make me an offer if you are interested. Once again, no remote :(

Pete
(pbinsted@rogers.com)

Hello again,

The unit is still for sale. I've decided to sell it for super cheat.

$150 canadian. I see they go for sale on EBay for $180 USD but since I'm missing the remote its cheaper.

Alternatively, can someone that reads Japanese go onto the website Luxman and see how much a replacement remote would be, if possible?

The power amplifier is also for sale, $200 for model M-113.

Thanks!
Pete

I have a Luxman TP-117 with two remotes. The remotes are essential to controlling the unit.

The unit also needs an RC-501 IR sensor to plug into the back to access the entire second preamp in the unit. I don't have an RC-501. Got one?

Attachments

• luxman.jpg
    luxman.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 249
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.