• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

BOZ preamp for sale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a BOZ preamp for sale with separate PS. $450 OBO.

Attachments

• br1.jpg
    br1.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 1,276
Peter,
What are all the RCAs for?

BTW your last design with the wood case and heat chimneys was awesome. You are a natural Industrial Designer of the first order. As a trained Industrial Designer I have nothing on you. My stuff is more derivative. Bust loos and lets see some more original case designs. I can't wait. And the internals of the latest copper jobs go beyond obsessive...lovely.
Greg
Calgary

P.S. BOZ is a class A pre-amp right? How does it compare to an OPamp pre/buffer in your opinion?

I've built this preamp in 1996, that's why the looks are quite average. The RCA are for 5 inputs and 2 outputs.

I'm selling, because now I would implement this circuit in a completely different way, putting more attention on chassis construction and resonance control. This is a good deal for someone who doesn't believe in those things;)

It's not worth to me to redesign the already existing unit, that's why I would accept any reasonable offer and just get rid of it.

I didn't compare it to any other preamp, but the sound is very good. I still don't use preamps.

peter, I didn't mean to....

...slight your older design in any way. I just wanted to get a comment in about how good your recent design is. But clearly you are progressing. This is a quest for you obviously. Your pre-amp interests me but my wife won't let me spend any more money I think. Also being a budding DIY-er I would also like to build my own.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.