• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Panasonic pots for sale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have 3 of those well regarded Panasonic pots: 10K, 50K and 100k, logarythmic.

10k and 50K are not used and I'm asking $30/ ea.

100K has been removed from an amp and the shaft is slightly trimmed (a bit shorter than normally); I'm asking $20 for this one.

Shipping is $6 (any location).

Attachments

• panasonic.jpg
    panasonic.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 611
Probably 50K.

Optimally, I would prefer 25K, but this pot is not available in that value.

With Brian's kit you already have 22k resistor shunting to ground. What I like to do is add another 22k Caddock in parallel with IN/OUT resistance of the pot. This cleans up the sound of the pot a bit, provides better tracking and lowers the series resistance.

I tried this method with another pot and it works great.

BTW, the 50k pot has very good matching between channels.

Upupa Epops said:
As I know, input impedance of GC is app. 20 k Ohm, so for correct volume curve must be used pot with lower resistance, max. 5 k Ohm, not 50 K Ohm. Also thermal noise of this value is bigger. ;)

If you use 5k pot with 20k ohm input on the amp, the amp doesn't have 20k ohm input resistance anymore, isn't it? I prefer to keep it closer to 20k ohm though, as my DAC has pretty high output resistance.

I'm using for connection between machines ultralow impedance ( 50 Ohm ) and my preamps give full output to this load, 'cos it is the best solution ( hum, noise, RF immunity and ( ! ) best sound ). Try it and you will give me thruth, I mean it quite seriously ;) . In this case is not value of pot interesting.

I have 3 of those well regarded Panasonic pots: 10K, 50K and 100k, logarythmic.
10k and 50K are not used and I'm asking $30/ ea.
100K has been removed from an amp and the shaft is slightly trimmed (a bit shorter than normally); I'm asking $20 for this one.
Shipping is $6 (any location).

Are this Panasonic type in generall still available? Or is it out of production?
Unfortunately I haven't the order code resp. model No from Panasonic.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.