FS: 40uF 2.5kv Capacitors - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th July 2004, 04:06 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default FS: 40uF 2.5kv Capacitors

I have quite a few Bosch capacitors pulled from surplus laser power supplys. The caps are 40uF 2.5kv can type. I'm asking $5 each, but the price is negotiable; especially if you want a large quantity. Also available is high voltage wire, and the other components from the power supply. I'm not completely certain what all the psu components are, but I can send some detailed photos if anyone is interested. If you have any interest, make me an offer; I have close to 700lbs of components that I'd like to get rid of. Feel free to post here or email me.

Thanks,
Odie
email: obarstow (no spam) @gmail.com
ebay ref: ron86269

Also, a special thanks to dhaen and ApexJr for their help identifing the caps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cap.jpg (96.4 KB, 98 views)
Old 27th July 2004, 06:23 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

I like to ask whether they have PCB in them? How much they weight will decide on the amount so that i can roughly calculate the cost. Will have to ship via surface to my country in Malaysia. Also will like to inquire on the HV wires. I am interested in them how much are they going for and how much lengths do u have? What other components do u have from the PS?
if u like we can continue this thru personal mail
my email is nickcrap@hotmail.com
Old 27th July 2004, 06:34 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

I do not know if the capacitors contain PCBs, but since they are not marked I've been told to assume that they do. The equipment they were pulled from was working, so they should be in good working condition, but be aware the caps are close to 20 yrs old. I would estimate I have close to 100ft of hv wire. It is in 15-20ft sections. here are some pics of the wire. I'm not really sure how to price it, so jsut make an offer if you'd like some.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 27th July 2004, 06:40 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

As for the psu components, it looks like lots of resistors, a few smaller caps, and maybe an scr. The is a big red box as well. I don't know what it is, but it is very heavy and appears to be made of phenolic resin. Here are some pics. If you want info on something specific I can take some macro shots and email them.
Old 27th July 2004, 06:41 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Here is a macro shot of the writing on one of the caps. Also, the caps weigh about 3-4lbs each. This is just an estimate as it was taken with the bathroom scale. 8 capacitors weighed around 30lbs. The pics are being hosted by photobucket, so if they disappear or something I probably ran out of bandwidth.
Old 29th July 2004, 04:37 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Just an update, four caps sold so far. I still have plenty left.
Old 30th July 2004, 07:40 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Several more pending sales, I still have 60+ left though. Resized pics for bandwidth usage and users w/o broadband. Also heres a repost of the first pic so you don't have to d/l the attachment.
Old 3rd August 2004, 07:55 AM   #8
imix500 is offline imix500  United States
diyAudio Member

Is the pic of the PSU the only module like it or are there other pieces? I don't suppose you have the head?
Old 3rd August 2004, 04:53 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

I have six of the PSU modules pictured. There are 10ft tails that come out the back w/ a really strange connector on the end. I'm not really sure if there was a head unit, or if anything is missing from the system(other than the laser of course). I can post a pic of all the connectors if you'd like.
Old 3rd August 2004, 05:47 PM   #10
imix500 is offline imix500  United States
diyAudio Member

Sure, a pic of the connectors would be great.

Hide this!Advertise here!