• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Skanning (Audio Technology) Woofers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Brand new in box. A mis-order, on my part. A very expensive mis-order! Whoops!

I have four (4 each) of the 'C-Quenze' model 5" or 15mm driver, the exact ones in the specifications on the Audio technology site.

http://www.audiotechnology.dk/iz.asp?id=4|a|134|||

I have four (4 each) of the 'C-Quenze' model 7" or 18mm driver, the exact ones in the specifications on the Audio technology site.

http://www.audiotechnology.dk/iz.asp?id=4|a|135|||

I was playing with them 'in air', one of the 7 inch ones, and was laughing my *** off, as the input signal was something with incredible and nearly sustained 8-13Hz tones... with the rest of the music signal superimposed on top of that. I kept turning up the volume until the unit was at near MAX excursion..yet the midrange showed ZERO doppler or similar effects due to lack of linear 'in field' travel of the motional motor. Ie, the voice coil was immersed in the field enough that it showed zero signs of strain. This is the kind of mid-bass that will sound incredible right to the point where it explodes. Perfect. Couldn't ask for more.

Except..I needed a design that was more slated twards closed box use, and not fully toward vented use ( I can't stand vented boxes at all!!!) So, I mis-ordered them. Bummer. Considering the turn around time for these drivers, a real bummer.

A deal for you, I guess.

The drivers are brand new, in the box.

My price is going to be far less than anyone else. I would very much prefer to sell all four of either size mid-bass drivers at one time.

Overall efficency of each (5" and 7") is in the 89 db range, so with something like a Morel MDT-33se tweeter, or the like, you could make one INCREDIBLE MTM (D'Appolito) vented box. Bass out the wazoo for vented use.. but they are not for sealed use, unless you want them for a true midrange use, or upper bass unit in a three & 1/2 way. As a midrange, either of them would make the best you could buy, I suspect. Whatever! Entertain yourself!

Asking $250.00US each, for the 7" (18cm) drivers. (madisuond is asking $330.00US for a similar driver)
Asking $215.00US each, for the 5" (15cm) drivers.

I will pay the shipping anywhere in the US. UPS, insured.

best gawddamn mid-bass drivers on the planet..and nobody wants them?

I mean, I've tried Skan-speak, Vifa, Morel, Volt, Seas, Audax, Dynaudio, Peerless...etc..etc..(multiple versions and drivers from each company, and anyone else you care to mention).. and I have yet to hear anything like these. They simply WORK..and relatively speaking.. all the others DON'T.

This includes going through every crossover topology and crossover parts quality level under the sun. The Audio Technology drivers are a breed unto their own. All others have a 'fault' somewhere or in some way. These units do not. period. There are no issues to overcome with these drivers. This will come as a shock if you have never used them before. There is a reason that they are used in the best designs on the planet, you know!! :bigeyes:

oh well.

Don't get rid of them yet!

If you like closed box performace, try a 18H in an overdamped configuration of 30l tuned at ~33 Hz, you will be amazed. Near closed box performance. Best I've ever heard of a 18cm driver. (closed or not!) And yes I've heard and built already a lot of 18cm drivers.

The 15 cm is also a very good driver. At the moment I'm developing a small 2way with the magnetostat of Raido (of www.eben.dk). 11.5 liter is just right for this driver to reach 50Hz. Two of them in MTM will be just the right speaker for Tube fans.

I'm also already an AT owner whom is advertising for you :)

One pair of the 7 inchers are tentatively gone. If you add in the shipping I paid a horrendus price for these, so it really IS a true bargain. (the shipping for all 8 drivers, was $780 cdn.) The shipping alone adds $100 cdn to each driver ($65US)

yep. I still gots a pair. of the 7" 's that is. Im thinking of keeping the 5's and making a d'appolito anyway. the accelleration factor on them is astounding. 700, to be exact. That's tweeter territory.

BTW, I test ALL mid-bass drivers I have ever used, without crossovers, at first. Only the best can pass this test. Only the Skanning drivers have EVER passed this test. Lowest treble and midrange distortion I have ever heard out of a mid-bass. listenable, wheras all others have not been.

The morels (142-144-162-164,etc) are quite decent too, but ultimately fatiguing. The Skannings have held up the longest. Honorable mention to the skanspeak 8545.

this is quite the ******* saga! like makin'up with your ex again..only to get the boot. again. does it ever end?

I've not used these drivers I so dearly paid for. I also have to pay for a run of custom drivers soon. This will be part of the sacrifice I have to make. Gah!

All are for sale..again. dammit.

I give 2 days for this place to respond and then..it's medical experiments for the lot of them. Ebay they will go. Time is the story here, but they won't be given away either, as it's their financial value I require--if I can't get enough for them, then they simply won't be sold.

As we are likely to say at times: All reasonable offers will be considered. Folks who still desire them and have commented so in this thread at earlier dates will be given preference if a battle erupts. (gee, I hope so)

Interested in any trades plus cash for a pair of those 7" mids?

I have (2) DAYTON RSS265HF-4 10" High Fidelity Subwoofers
A pair of used Hiquphon OWI
A pair of used Seas 27TDFC tweeters
A pair of overly used Seas 27TBFC/G tweeters
I have (4) Peerless 8" XLS 830491 - Willing to part with two, maybe all four

I apologize if you see this attempt as low balling. I just have extra speakers around with no future projects planned for them. I could easily think of a project for the 18H. : )

Thank you!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.