• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Foster 1166 Any Interest

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone have any interest in a pair of foster 49-1166 tweeters.

I have had them in my closet for over ten years and I took them out today to test them, still sound sweet as ever but I have no use for them, I may one day incorporate them into a speaker design but if someone else could put them to use now maybe that would be better.

I don't know what they are worth but I am open to offers.
Thanks for your time.;)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Efficiency is about 90-92 dB (i do have a ceramic version that is up around 96-97 dB). These regularily sell for $20 USD pair (althou when it is slow they sometimes sell for $15). They are excellent tweeters as fill in for a set of RS 1197s (should work well with 1354s too) or similar efficiency FRs.

The short version* is my personal favorite particularily for super tweeter use, the longer ones go lower (xo to 3-3.5k depending on XO steepness and are no slouches.

* i see Alain has already posted some of the data from this auction (note: the auction is mine, i've had many of this tweeter family throu here)

The number 7925 indicates 1979 manufacture.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.