• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

SMPS Transformers & Misc. MOSFET's For Sale!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I have here for sale the following items:

1. Large SMPS transformer, which is designed to be run in a regulated system and optimized for about +/- 32VDC...but when run in unregulated and unloaded mode, rails would be about +/- 55V. The unit can handle about 500W of output power, and designed for a 10-16V source - $17 each

2. Small SMPS transformer, also designed to be run regulated for +/- 28VDC, free running at about +/- 40V with an output rating of 150W - $14 each

Both the above transformers are compact and very high quality. They were custom made by Coil Tech in AZ and they look great. They are pictured next to a US Quarter to give a size reference. I have 30 large and 35 small units in stock ready to ship right now and can get more if needed.

3. IRFP054N MOSFET, N Channel, 55 V Voltage Rating, TO-247AC Package - $2.25 each with 100 or so in stock

4. IRFP250 MOSFET, N Channel, 200 V Voltage Rating, TO-247AC Package - $2.75 each with 100 or so in stock

5. IRFP9140 MOSFET, P Channel, -100 V Voltage Rating, TO-247AC Package - $2.25 each with 100 or so in stock

These MOSFET's are great for SMPS and audio applications...all my individual types are of the same date code and batch so they are already very close, although I would provide a matching service for the audio devices if enough interest presents itself.

I accept Paypal for these transactions, although other types of payment could be arranged. Trades for heatsinks, power transformers, and other "stuff" might be arranged, feel free to ask if you think you have something I might want.

Shipping will depend on weights of the packages, it will cost more to ship 5 transformers than it will to ship 1. I am thinking that $5 will cover UPS Ground for 2 transformers and the associated packaging to the USA. Foreign destinations will obviously cost more to ship and I have no idea how much that runs to ship...but I would do it as reasonably as possible of course.

I have excellent feedback on another forum ( www.rcgroups.com ) and have been selling my stuff there for quite some time...never any complaints with my service, products, or support :) You will note that my prices are excellent for small quantities, I have found none lower with my search for the parts on small quantities. I will see about donating some of my profit to DIY Audio as well.

E-mail me with any questions or if you would like to purchase!

-Matt

switchmaster@hotmail.com

Pics of the transformers:

Attachments

• transformers.jpg
    transformers.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 481
The winding ratio of the larger units are 1:5 for each primary:secondary. ie. there are two primaries with two turns each, and two secondaries consisting of 10 winds each.

The primaries are multi-stranded and ultra-beefy. The larger secondaries are also multi-stranded. The small unit has smaller primaries and secondaries, but they are easily capable of the powers I posted.

Sizewise, the large unit is about 2 3/8" in diameter and a shade over an inch tall, excluding the huge wires. The small unit is about the same height but only 1 5/8" in diameter. Metric they are both 2.5cm tall, the large is 6cm in diameter and the small one is 4.5cm in diameter.

Any other questions feel free to ask.

I have no idea how much it will cost to send to Australia, perhaps a few people ordering at one time might save some cash. It costs me $5 or so to ship one large and one small unit in the US. What I could do is take payment for JUST the transformers via Paypal, I'll go ahead and ship them, then I will give you actual shipping costs and you can make another payment to cover shipping. Does that sound reasonable?

-Matt

how do you figure your output voltages??

if the windings are 1:5 then with 10 volts in, its 50 volts per secondary out.... with 16 volts in, its 80 volts...... with 13.8 volts which is what can be expected in a car, then 69 volts....... your winding ratio is too great.... I mean, it would be fine for Rod Elliots Mosfet amp.......... but for a transistor amp, the amplifier output power would exceed the transformers rating for those voltage rails.

anway, I'll leave you alone now.. seeya :)

Perhaps it would help if you indicated what input voltage (12V car system?) and what switching frequency/topology would be optimal this would help your sales?

There seems to be some interest in car SMPS on this board so you might get lucky that way :)

Good luck

Petter

Petter said:
Perhaps it would help if you indicated what input voltage (12V car system?) and what switching frequency/topology would be optimal this would help your sales?

There seems to be some interest in car SMPS on this board so you might get lucky that way :)

Good luck

Petter

he already said they were suitable for 10 - 16 volts..... hence, a car audio amplifier.. :p

I seem to have miscounted the primary numbering...the ratio is 3:10.

Like mentioned earlier, they are suitable for a range of input voltages, and should be used in a regulated design...hence you are not just applying PWM to the primary blind and taking whatever output you get.

They need to be run with feedback from the DC to control the PWM and therefore keep the output the same regardless of the input voltage as long as it is within that range of accepted input voltage. Get it? The output of the large unit would put out 55VDC after rectification whether your input was 10V or 16V because the chips take feedback.

PWM rates should be 50kHz minimum, 75kHz reccomended.

All this stuff is straight-forward and can be used with most of the chips out there for these applications. There is nothing strange about these units in particular, they can pretty much be "dropped in."

The TL598 is perfect for this and does great.

-Matt

Guys,

I think the windings are 2:10 or 1:5 as I originally posted. The reson I put 3:10 is because I glanced at some specs last night and thought it said 3 winds per primary. I'll count again and post.

The voltages I posted on output were based on a 14V supply and regulation through INPUT PWM..but they will WORK down to 10V, though not with 55V per rail....

I am sorry for the confusion. Bottom line is that they are meant to be run and will run 55V rails from a car batttery/alternator supply. Regardless of winding ratios...that is the voltage it is designed to and will put out.

-Matt

zagisrule! said:
Guys,

I think the windings are 2:10 or 1:5 as I originally posted. The reson I put 3:10 is because I glanced at some specs last night and thought it said 3 winds per primary. I'll count again and post.

The voltages I posted on output were based on a 14V supply and regulation through INPUT PWM..but they will WORK down to 10V, though not with 55V per rail....

I am sorry for the confusion. Bottom line is that they are meant to be run and will run 55V rails from a car batttery/alternator supply. Regardless of winding ratios...that is the voltage it is designed to and will put out.

-Matt

but in your first post you said it was good for 32 volt rails regulated, now you're saying its good for 55 volts regulated....

if it was 3:10 windings, you could get regulated 32 volt rails from 12 volts in....

your info is too uncertain, pass on buying anything for now, sorry.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.