• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

JBL titanium tweeters

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
New, Shielded Titanium dome tweeters from JBL. I don't have any params for these other than they are 1" in dia, 8ohm and approximately 88db efficient(they sounded 'right' when I tried them out with a pair of 88db mid drivers). They must have been intended to be mated with a horn or waveguide of some sort, they have a four bolt mounting pattern on the face. I think they may be b stock, they have small imperfections along where the diaphram is glued to the face, not on any part of the diaphram that moves, just on the glued perimiter. I have one pair for now but I think I may be able to get a couple more.

I think they are something along the drivers used in these speakers:
http://www.jbl.com/home/products/product_detail.asp?ProdId=HT5&SerId=HTE&sCatId=

Text on the back states:
58P60DH-01DH
C5 WAVE
MADE IN JAPAN
562TNV

Play with horn design or something...
$20 for the pair plus shipping.

Attachments

• jbl tweeter1.jpg
    jbl tweeter1.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 165
Well, I know for sure that this is the direct replacement for the Control, LX and LXE series. I am pretty sure that these are the same as the tweeters in the L60T through L100T, but I could not verify, I saw a pair of L80T in a second hand shop and the domes looked the same, that's why I assumed they are replacements.
I found some information by searching the JBL website, just search in the product support link for LX55BLK or LXE550(or any other model number in the LX/LXE series). This is a shielded version of AO26-TI, no longer available from JBL, these last retailed for USD$75 directly from JBL. I'm almost out of these, I sold a lot on ebay. I'm keeping a couple pair for myself and storing the rest for a while.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.