• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB: STK3102-IV pre-amp module for Marantz PM80 amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got one, but there is a PM64 around it :D
Mine failed years ago too, i just ordered a new one at a local hifi shop (more electroshop) who does it's own repairs (Balter, Sittard). They ordered one at Marantz, dunno of they are still available.

I am willing to trade the PM64 to anything else nice, i'm not using the PM64 anymore. Anything nice to offer that spins silver disks ? ;)

I did notice it got very warm after i replaced it (during normal operation i guess), so i mounted a coolingfin on mine. The amp is not bad, but my current setup is (much) better.

Groetjes,

Hey gang..Just ran across this thread while searching the site..

I was wondering if anybody had any info on the STK3102-III datasheet,pinout,etc? :confused:

I've got a Sansui A-1130p with one,and I think it's toasted in the left channel of this module. Bias is okay,everything seems to be in order,except a very low,distorted output in the left channel.
I suppose I could just order another one,if I can find one again.The last couple times I repaired this amp I've ordered them from MCM electronics.

Sounds like the same symptoms the PM80 has.

Found a new STK-3102-IV, put it in, but unfortunately no success.

I must admit I didn't check the output stage, was almost sure it should be this chip :bawling:

I don't feel like repairing it, too warm, wanna do nice things :cool: :D
But somehow I feel obliged, since I advised this mate to buy this chip; silly me :smash:

Well,I replaced it with an older module I had around (from the last time I repaired this amp.) But the left channel is still fubar.. I have another one too,but I think it's also fried..I'll solder it in and see..

I'm almost starting to suspect something *before* the STK module,somewhere in the preamp circuitry..but we'll see..
I'll probably order yet another STK module,and hope that it will fix it once and for all! :mad:

I'm half tempted to scrap this amp for parts,but it's soo close to working... :xeye:

stk 3102 module

Dear rbroer,
Have you had any success in locating this module. I have the same problem with the same model Marantz. I am going to remove the module and replace it with some simple " home grown" circiut on matrix board. If you want the details, I will gladly supply them. I cannot see why Marantz took this approach in the first place just to save a few discreets.

stk 3102 module

just a bit more for rbroer. This amplifier is worth saving just for some of the features it presents in saving your loadspeakers from being incinerated.

I do not have a circuit diagram but, I can see that it has some sort of monitoring circuit which will prohibit speaker selection if there is a power-amp fault. The relays which select system 1 or 2 cannot operate if there is any D.C. offset on the output.

For this reason alone, I will continue to get this amp. up and running with some simple circuitry to replace the stk 3102 module. At this point, I think it can be replaced with a dual op-amp, each section driving a couple of complentary pairs or even complimentary darlingtons.

Any comments are welcome.

Re: stk 3102 module

kangaroo said:
Dear rbroer,
Have you had any success in locating this module. I have the same problem with the same model Marantz. I am going to remove the module and replace it with some simple " home grown" circiut on matrix board. If you want the details, I will gladly supply them. I cannot see why Marantz took this approach in the first place just to save a few discreets.

Yes, eventually I did (some small place for radio parts, I bought the final two, just because they seem quite obsolete).

It didn't do the job though.:bawling:

Amp got fixed later, was a mechanical input selection problem I think.

Here is something interesting :

We all expect one to replace the 3102 , check soldering , check the known relays issue ,replace a few capacitors , set the bias and done...

I also expect "techs " that simply replace the 3102 and give away .

Point is that in the first case and when one wants to set the bias will look at the service manual and bias the amplifier accordingly .The problem is that the service manual is written WRONG !!

It states that at bias points bias should be 18mv over a resistor 0.18R and that equals to 50ma ......Obviously this wrong since this equals to 100ma
farther more in the high bias condition 198mv over a resistor of 0.18 that equals to 500 ma Obviously this is also wrong and equals to 1A

Pm 80 features both neg and pos test points and what the missed to print is that the sum of the two redings ( pos +neg ) should be 18mv and 198 mv respectively .

Cannot tell if more than double the bias will stress the IC but obviously in total the heat will stress the amp and produce fatigue of parts and soldering .

Now days fake IC exist from PMC /SAN which the quality i am not aware off so i replaced one , added a far better heat sink and bias the amplifier properly to see how far i will go ....

Enjoy a print of the schematic

Kindest regards
Sakis

Attachments

• PM80 Settings.png
    PM80 Settings.png
    295.7 KB · Views: 127
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.