• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: IXYS Ultra fast bridge rectifiers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a bunch of IXYS fast recovery epixatial diodes (FRED). I got a box and don't need the whole lot.

The part number is IXYS VBE55-06N07

These are 68A, 600V, 35ns bridge rectifiers that will be very useful in a pass labs amplifier project or GC project. I currently have them in my zen v4.

Percy audio has them for $23.50

I'm asking 16 apiece which includes shipping.

-dave

I've got a few more left as you can see from the picure which I've included for reference.

Attachments

• ixys_sale.jpg
    ixys_sale.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 511
No Need for Isolator

dqswim said:
As far as I know there need not be isolation, but thermal grease for sure. For that matter do any bridges require electrical isolation?

For reference here is a picture of peter daniel's set on an aluminum bar.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=326435&highlight=#post326435

Datasheet mentions a ceramic baseplate so that IS a isolator. So I guess no need for isolation and also not for the standard square bridge rectifier.
:cool:

IXYS Ultra fast bridge rectifiers

Hi, I just received the bridge rectifiers and I couldn't wait to install one into my GAS Ampzilla. I do hear a more relaxed sound! Weird.

To Peter Daniel: I also replaced three caps at critical postions in my CD-player, at the same time, by Oscons so I don't know if the effect is due to the rectifier or to the caps or to both....[:clown: joke]:xeye:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.